White Sport Cream Legbars

Pics
I understand the large single comb issues all too well.

I will still try raising some white sports though they are just too cool.

I thought I had posted the picture of one of the two I am deciding between for the State Poultry association bird show. (which I got confirmation back from now and they are allowing me to show the white sports!)

If I showed these already here I apologize. Also I will be culling a bunch of White Sport cockerels and a whole lot of pullets with the gene to produce sports. I just have too many if anyone is interested. I am NPIP and have import permits to many states and can get one to yours if you want them. I will tell you I have the "floppy" comb on most of them I am culling. I should start bragging about the floppy comb like Meyers does. I could call it the Trump comb over......
lau.gif

I know you got the ones you have now second hand, but next spring when I start to breed them again you are welcome to more... I'll even have white sports available next spring...

I have some fall test matings, and was matching a variety pack of new chicks to hatched eggs in the middle of the night. I kept recounting eggs and chicks, and couldn't find the new CL baby that was supposed to go with the blue egg...until I figured out it was hiding in plain sight with a few yellow babies from another breed...yes!!! another white sport breeding match =)

One of my two white sport pullets. I had purchased 11 straight run, only half arrived alive, and three more died in the brooder. So, yeah, vigor issues (I spent last night reading this thread). I really like them though. Like their looks and while my girls have an independent streak, they are very handleable. No eggs yet, they're only 16 weeks old. @duluthralphie if you would PM what you'd be planning on asking for one or two of your cockerels, I would be interested in seeing what a white/white pairing wouldnproduce this coming spring. Plus could use a white roo to test the regular CCL ladies for the recessive gene.

One of my two white sport pullets. I had purchased 11 straight run, only half arrived alive, and three more died in the brooder. So, yeah, vigor issues (I spent last night reading this thread). I really like them though. Like their looks and while my girls have an independent streak, they are very handleable. No eggs yet, they're only 16 weeks old. @duluthralphie if you would PM what you'd be planning on asking for one or two of your cockerels, I would be interested in seeing what a white/white pairing wouldnproduce this coming spring. Plus could use a white roo to test the regular CCL ladies for the recessive gene.

I am sure we could make a deal. I have a lot of roosters they are in the Soup pen now waiting for the next Freezer Camp bus...

Sorry I was so slow responding, my wife is incredibly sick and I am overwhelmed here. How would I get the bird (s) to you.\?

I am sure we could make a deal.  I have a lot of roosters they are in the Soup pen now waiting for the next Freezer Camp bus...

Sorry I was so slow responding, my wife is incredibly sick and I am overwhelmed here.  How would I get the bird (s) to you.\?

You would have to ship to me. I'm not in any rush, so take care of your wife and DM me when you have less on your plate and we'll discuss details.

My Mother is going to Columbia, Mo. next Friday if  that would eliminate shipping costs? Is that close?

It's about 2 1/2 hours away, so with gas it probably wouldn't save money...but it would probably be safer and less stressful for the bird(s) so let me see if I can get my van fixed properly this week to make the trip. It probably just needs new plugs/wires, but if that doesn't work then it is best that I stay put until I figure it out.

It's about 2 1/2 hours away, so with gas it probably wouldn't save money...but it would probably be safer and less stressful for the bird(s) so let me see if I can get my van fixed properly this week to make the trip. It probably just needs new plugs/wires, but if that doesn't work then it is best that I stay put until I figure it out.

Sounds good.

It's about 2 1/2 hours away, so with gas it probably wouldn't save money...but it would probably be safer and less stressful for the bird(s)

To be blunt, you can rent a car for the day and pay for the gas for a 5 hour round trip and still end up spending less than shipping a juvenile or adult chicken, if you don't count time spent...

To ship a juvenile or adult bird you need a special USPS approved shipping box, they are about $15 - $20 after shipping for a single chicken sized box, then the Express Mail cost of about $60-$100 depending on weight... Also of note many post offices will require you 'pre-approve' the shipment date and time and make the drop off at a specific time that is convenient for them...

So at the end of the day you are looking at between $75 and $120 to ship a single bird not to mention the stress and risk of shipping...

On the other hand you can rent an economy car for about $30-$35 that gets about 30 MPG, meaning about $20 in gas for a 5 hour round trip... About $50 - $65 total...

Back
Top Bottom