White Stars

FC16

Songster
Jun 1, 2021
Cambridgeshire, UK 🇬🇧
Does anybody on here have any experience/knowledge on the white stars? Ive been researching but there’s limited information, I believe they’re more common in the UK.
From what I’ve read they’re made by crossing certain strains of the white leghorn, they do more or less look identical to the leghorns.
I currently have 5 of them at 13 weeks old but the seller didn’t really know much about them himself.
B2EBC3C2-E63F-4A6E-91B8-4770ED0EAD42.jpeg

Just curious if anyone here is breeding them/ has had them before.
Are they better layers than the white leghorn? (If that’s even possible, leghorns are machines🤣)
Do they have the same characteristics/traits as the standard leghorn?
Also, do they lay as early as the leghorns?

Just curious on what the idea was behind crossing the strains of the leghorns, and if they are actually any different from the leghorns.
If anyone has any info or knowledge on these let me know, as I’m not the most clued up on genetics and stuff 🙂

I’ve never had any myself, but they sound pretty similar to pearl white leghorns
I was reading about the white pearls the other day actually, and I did wonder if they’re the same.
I’m waiting for mine to lay at the moment they’re 16 weeks, still might have a few weeks to go yet.

Attachments

• B04995A8-23FD-49E1-B456-CCE1BEE61CDD.jpeg
    B04995A8-23FD-49E1-B456-CCE1BEE61CDD.jpeg
    559.6 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom