White worms in poop

Ali123123123

Chirping
Mar 24, 2020
Victoria, BC, Canada
I found long white worms and a bit of blood in my chicken’s poop this morning. I have 3 chickens and am not sure which one has the worms.

What do I do? Here is a picture of the poop...
WARNING: poop picture

Attachments

• 70D110FC-CD53-4532-BD19-AC756F4B87C1.jpeg
    70D110FC-CD53-4532-BD19-AC756F4B87C1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 32
I found long white worms and a bit of blood in my chicken’s poop this morning. I have 3 chickens and am not sure which one has the worms
Roundworms. But they will all have it. Very contagious. Mine had larvae of roundworms. My girls had an eye infection, we went to the vet, they tested for worms. Lil roundworms. But this looks like adults

Hi, I'm new here and am having the same issue!

I just found one adult roundworm in my chickens poop a couple of days ago. I have 8 adult chickens, ranging between 4 to 5.5 lbs. I called my vet to see what the treatment recommendation would be. He recommending using Ivermectin pour on. He said two drops per bird and wait 7 days before consuming eggs again. I asked about repeat use and he said that was up to me... I didn't leave the conversation feeling 100% confident. I found this link providing more information - https://bitchinchickens.com/2019/04/29/ivermectin-for-parasite-control/

Has anyone used this product as drops effectively ? Would the dosage measurements match what I found in the post above? I'm tempted to try what has been suggested.. but timid too. Thank you for any help/advice that can be provided!

I found long white worms and a bit of blood in my chicken’s poop this morning. I have 3 chickens and am not sure which one has the worms.

What do I do? Here is a picture of the poop...
WARNING: poop picture
Where are you located in the world?
Those are Roundworms.

Easiest de-worming medication to find would be Safeguard Liquid Goat Wormer (Fenbendazole). For treating roundworms only dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight. Give orally once, then repeat in 10 days.

For other types of worms including roundworms, but not tapeworms, give for 5 days in a row.

I would treat all the hens.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Back
Top Bottom