Whiting Farms in Co. What do you know about them?

Thanks Draye!

They were listed as sold out for pullets and straight run. Cockerels were still available.

I hope they have more of them next year.
I'm leaving Southeast Texas for a two month job in Denver on the 2Nd of March!!! Just sent an email to whiting farms to see if they will have any blue egg chicks or pullets for sale. I've got my fingers crossed

Last edited:
I'm leaving Southeast Texas for a two month job in Denver on the 2Nd of March!!! Just sent an email to whiting farms to see if they will have any blue egg chicks or pullets for sale. I've got my fingers crossed
Keep us posted!

I reserved 100 more chicks from Whiting for the end of March. I'm also going to see about getting some green layers (waiting for pics of those eggs to decide).
Also, JR Nash -- if Whiting is sold out, you might want to call Murdoch's farm store in Montrose, Colorado. They will be selling Whiting chicks as well, but not sure when they will start offering. I believe that's the only Murdoch's location that sells them.

Thanks BdRanch,haven't received a reply to my email:( I'm. getting on the road to Denver at 5am in the morning.Its right at a 17 he drive. I'm going to try and make Dalhart before I stop. That leaves me a 5-1/2he drive to Denver. I'M following you on eBay,I won't be able to buy anymore eggs till i return sometimes in April.I'd like to acquire about 5 pullets to bring back with me. Its wishful thinking I know.lol

Well, if you come by Westcliffe, look us up!! I've got 14 pullets and the rooster. And the best way to get a hold of Dr Whiting is calling the office and leaving a message (v. email).

I reserved 100 more chicks from Whiting for the end of March. I'm also going to see about getting some green layers (waiting for pics of those eggs to decide).
Also, JR Nash -- if Whiting is sold out, you might want to call Murdoch's farm store in Montrose, Colorado. They will be selling Whiting chicks as well, but not sure when they will start offering. I believe that's the only Murdoch's location that sells them.

Usually you can find Whiting chicks at several of the Murdoch's stores on the western slope. They'll have them in Grand Junction (Clifton) from what he said in our email conversation last winter.

I only have one of his green egg layers at the moment. This was her second winter and she laid quite with no lights. She has not gone thru a heavy molt yet. Her eggs have a more olive tone and are consistently 65 grams. The other of his green egg layers that I had laid a more minty green. In my experience they have been a little better layers than the blue egg layers (which are still very good).

Usually you can find Whiting chicks at several of the Murdoch's stores on the western slope. They'll have them in Grand Junction (Clifton) from what he said in our email conversation last winter.

I only have one of his green egg layers at the moment. This was her second winter and she laid quite with no lights. She has not gone thru a heavy molt yet. Her eggs have a more olive tone and are consistently 65 grams. The other of his green egg layers that I had laid a more minty green. In my experience they have been a little better layers than the blue egg layers (which are still very good).

That is a great egg!

I am very happy to see Whiting starting to sell more widely. Maybe McMurray will sell the green egg layers next year.

That is a great egg!

I am very happy to see Whiting starting to sell more widely. Maybe McMurray will sell the green egg layers next year.

That would be nice to see. I've only had a couple of the green egg layers and they were rather unique in having single combs and yellow legs. I think the started pullets at Murdochs last year were too. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Here were mine -

And some started pullets at Murdochs last year (in the front pen) -

Back
Top Bottom