Whitish yolk

That's weird, but kind of cool looking!

I have nothing helpful to add, but my birds yolks were very pale on Dumor (not that pale though) & they brightened up when I switched to a different brand all flock. I don't think Dumor has any marigold in it to help with color, or at least thats what I remember, but it was years ago. Certainly doesn't explain ONE egg though...
Thanks! Maybe my other girls are better foragers, lol.

By any chance could she have had access to something like white corn or any cream/white vegetables or vegetation? White xanthophylls can change the yolks white.

I have no real knowledge on your question of why one chicken would have pale eggs. However I thought it may be interesting to share what I know and speculate…
I went to Uganda, Africa many years ago and at breakfast the scrambled eggs were very pale and sweeter than ”normal” to me. At the hospital I worked at we had tea everyday which included tea and hardboiled eggs. Upon seeing that these eggs were very white on the inside also I inquired more from the natives. it was explained to me that the chickens there were fed mostly rice, and this lead to paler eggs than those we see in the US. It was also explained to me that they were of less nutrition value due to their “poor” diet.
As for my speculation, a lot of us backyard chicken tenders know our eggs tend to be quite a bit “oranger” than the grocery store. Most say it’s better living conditions, a diet “Better” diet. You said all of yours eat the same diet, and some suggested that one could be a less inclined forager. I think it is more likely something (genetic deficiency or otherwise) that is keeping her from absorbing those nutrients the others are getting (she is too). I’m curious if she has always given pale eggs. If not maybe it is reversible or possibly developed overtime. Either way I think they are safe to eat.

Back
Top Bottom