who else has eggs cooking???

Day 3 with some turkey eggs. Got me 15 eggs from a lady that had some breeding pairs of Narraganset , Royal Palm, Bronze and Bourbon. She gave me a mix of eggs so I don't know which are which. looking forward to see what come out of the eggs.

We have royal palm, black Spanish, bronze,and
burbon all mixed also went in Saturday along with guinea and runner ducks

Last edited:
I have 12 BR Turkey eggs and 14 barnyard mix eggs going into lockdown Sunday... Decided to hand turn this batch of turkey eggs, so far everything looks much better than when I had them in the turner, no blood rings (lost an average of two every set) and no extra large aircells.. I am thinking they don't do as well for me in the auto turner. Chicken eggs do fine, have been getting 98-100% hatchrate on those

I have a 5 turkey eggs hatching today. 20 turkey eggs go to lockdown on tues.

10 pure chocolate turkey eggs lockdown on fri.

The 26 more should hatch around may 5th.

And have 7 broody hens setting on just about that many eggs.

I have 32 eggs in one bater and 24 in the other, the one with the 32 has shipped silkies, only 2 out of all of them did not look fertilized I have 11, so 9 or less will make it, all mine that I got from my flock were fertilized, im candling tonight the one that has the 24, there from my sisters chickens and a friends of hers, were swaping baby's once hatched, I have been having issues with the temperature on that one, so im hoping they make it anyway, its a cheaper bate, the one with my silkies is my better bator.

7 days to go until my little babies start hatching.... Can't wait for these little RIR's to get here. First Heritage bird being added to my flock.. and the parents are soooooo dark they are nearly black and their body shapes are that lovely brick shape. :D Super excited!

Back
Top Bottom