who else has eggs cooking???

#61 of 26112/30/14

Katbird01

Day 21 for me is Friday.  It's like waiting for Christmas all over again!

#62 of 26112/30/14

gimmie birdies

better than. I have to concentrate on the presents that I got, what hatches, rather than what I didn't get, what doesn't.

#63 of 26112/30/14

Tobydexter

Here are a few pics of the new babies 

#64 of 26112/30/14

roseyred

Dcat hatched my eggs!!!!!!!!!! She's FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!! Seriously she's the best. 100% hatch rate! 

#65 of 26112/30/14

Dcat

Thank you roseyred!! I totally forgot to take pics after they fluffed out. Happy sleepy babies, yay!!

#66 of 26112/30/14

Dcat

a couple of my favorite pics after the first one hatched.

#67 of 26112/31/14

Granjaguate

Chicks hatched yesterday! Now in the brooder. Woke up this morning cleaned the Bator and put a feat set of polish and frizzle eggs in!! My poor Brinsea mini never gets a break!! Me and the kids love cooking eggs down here in guatemala! 

#68 of 26112/31/14

Dispatch273

One due to hatch on NYD and 9 due to hatch on the 10th. I also have 29 quail eggs due to hatch on the 12th! Gonna be a busy chick momma!!!

#69 of 26112/31/14

Pyxis

This is my cemani cross who was due for NYD but decided to make a very early appearance yesterday afternoon.

And my other cemani cross, not as dark, inherited dominant white from her father:

Good pictures of the purebred cemanis to come! They're hard to get good pictures of, but I think I got a couple good ones last night.

#70 of 26112/31/14

BonRae67

Today is day 4 and I candled a few. Good veins started. Now I am real excited. Of course the brown and green eggs are to hard to candle and see anything yet. The ones I candled are my Tophat babies.

#71 of 26112/31/14

gimmie birdies

I have dark eggs too, but I judge the light ones with and have faith.

#72 of 26112/31/14

mattschicks

I have 29 black austrolurps due today. Just in time for NYD thats if the chicks decide they want to hatch on day 21 or 22. Lil stinkers lol

#73 of 26112/31/14

Katbird01

I was in the kitchen making NYE cookies, heard a loud peep, and looked up to see one of eggs rocking like crazy. I'm so excited. My first hatch.

#74 of 26112/31/14

gimmie birdies

Yeah it could be a couple more days and you'll have babies.

#75 of 26112/31/14

Katbird01

Friday is day 21. It's hard not to just sit there and watch the eggs.

#76 of 2611/1/15

1655ot

Started a batch of 42 sex link mix eggs cooking yesterday.First batch with my "brand new" homemade cabinet incubator.I'll try to post some pictures later today.

#77 of 2611/1/15

Katbird01

We have a pip!

#78 of 2611/1/15

Katbird01

2 down 2 to go. One has pipped nothing from the other one yet.

I know to leave the chicks in the bator but can I pull the old shells out? It's driving me crazy seeing them in there.

#79 of 2611/1/15

Dispatch273

No pips on my one egg. Hoping it's not a dud! Looked good on LD so I'm still hopeful! This will be the first chick hatched from my brahmas :)

#80 of 2611/1/15

howfunkyisurchicken

Leave the shells in, you don't want to open the Bator and let the humidity out. Clean them out when you remove chicks (and I know how you feel, the shells drive me nuts too!).

#81 of 2611/2/15

1655ot

Ahgh! Went out to take some pictures of my new homemade incubator.
The stc-1000 temp controller malfunctioned and has literally
cooked my eggs! Temp was 78c.That's about 175 F.Looks like I'm going to have to get another controller and start over!

This was my first attempt with the homemade cabinet incubator.
My second attempt went much better with 20 out of 32 hatched!
I'm on day 2 of third attempt.Just couldn't stand it.Hoping for even better results.

I have Turkey and Chicken eggs going into lockdown Tuesday then another set for the following Wednesday.. Incubators have been humming for over a month around here :)

Here are the two BR's that hatched Thursday

I have a new batch of eggs, some are Dominique and a handfull of EEs, I candled them and most of them had veins a few could not see anything. I left them in the incubator but will check on them later this week to see if they are duds.

Update,
Today is day13, six of the Dominiques were not good, Here is a picture of the ones I have left. They should hatch next weekend.

Last edited:
Hi all! I recently acquired a few hens (by a few, I mean 9 lol) that had been in with a roo when I took them, so I figured, "Hey, why not incubate. Maybe I'll get some 'free' chickens out of it. Plus I'll FINALLY get to use my incubator!" So now I have 2.5 dozen eggs incubating on day 3.:rolleyes: I have no idea if any will be viable, but I do know I did crack open one soon after I got them and it was fertile (RIP baby chick embryo :hit). I'm going to candle tomorrow or the next day to see what's in store.

Hi all! I recently acquired a few hens (by a few, I mean 9 lol) that had been in with a roo when I took them, so I figured, "Hey, why not incubate. Maybe I'll get some 'free' chickens out of it. Plus I'll FINALLY get to use my incubator!" So now I have 2.5 dozen eggs incubating on day 3.
roll.png
I have no idea if any will be viable, but I do know I did crack open one soon after I got them and it was fertile (RIP baby chick embryo
hit.gif
). I'm going to candle tomorrow or the next day to see what's in store.

My advice is to wait until day 7 to candle, Some folks candle to early and when they don't see what they expect to see get disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom