Who else has Egyption Fayoumies?!?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by silkielover5, Sep 27, 2011.

1. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    i love these guys, i have a pair named levi and Rhea ill post pictures later, i heard they were rare so does anyone else on this fourm own these?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

This issue of Backyard Poultry Magazine has an extensive writeup on them. Some day maybe I'll be able to try that breed. [​IMG]

3. pinkyglory123

pinkyglory123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    [​IMG] I DO!

[​IMG]

Got them due to losses in my free range flock-decided to try a lighter breed. LOVE THEM-very alert yet friendly and they fly.

4. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW!! She is pretty!!! ..stan

5. pinkyglory123

pinkyglory123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    [​IMG]
    I have several-they all look identical. Not laying yet-or at least I have not found them-they hatched 5/5/11. Really love these birds. The silver spangled hamburgs I have-same age-are very similar in size and behaviour. Love love love both breeds. The fayoumis actually fly.

6. KyBlue

KyBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Southeastern KY
    I had 2 Fayoumi hens and absolutely loved them. Mine were like the Barney Fifes of the chicken world.....high strung and comical.
    Fayoumis are the best free rangers and great layers, if you don't mind small eggs. I'd love to have some more if I could ever free up the space.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by