Who else is getting chicks tomorrow at TSC??

Quote:
Whoa, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those are some WEIRD looking chickens!

yuckyuck.gif

its ok..we
love.gif
duckies too..

I think I'll go to TSC tomorow and see what they have. I want some Americauna's. But when I called and asked if they got any the guy said no. I wonder if they are calling them Easter Egger's. So yall who got EE's from TSC what did they call them?

Oh boy. I better head over there tomorrow. Now my hubby really does NOT want chickens but after 5 years of wearing him down it's happening. I decided to go small first and start with 6 (I wanted 10 and 2 turkeys before). So he asks me how many I'm getting and I tell him 6. So he says "well maybe you should get one more just in case since the hutch (converting it still) will hold that number fine. So he doesn't want them but suggested more than I planned on. Go figure that.

Quote:
So you've never had chickens before, but you've been a member of BYC's since 2009 and have over 1,200 posts. Now that's dedication, congrats on finally getting them!

yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Ha, I stopped by the TSC in Tomball yesterday and of the 6 troughs they had out, only one had any chicks left in it. 4 Cornish Rocks. Wow, for some reason, I didn't think they'd sell out that fast! Their "featured" breeds are the NHR and BO's. I've got plenty with 14, so I'm not looking for more, but now that i know more about chicks, I'm wanting to see them in the store!

My husband let me go into tractor supply yesterday to get feed and "look" at the chicks.....I think the only reason we didn't get any is because they have a 6 six mininum...I only wanted 2. DH was pretty happy about that! lol

Quote:
Yep. I moved out to a small town on the country edge and we didn't get enough land for livestock. So I told my hubby that if I was in the country and chickens were all the farm animals I could have then I was gonna get them. He no longer has any acceptable excuses to not have them other than "I don't want them" or "I don't want to spend money on them". And those are old and tired reasons that I told him "I don't care".

So I called TSC this morning and asked them if they had Americauna's or Easter Eggers. They sent my call back to the guy in the chick department. His answer was "we got a few straight runs and nothing that shows what kind they are". But you know what... It is ok. I went into my small town feed store and they are getting 100 chicks next week and 25 of them are Americauna's. He says possibly Tuesday. I've got the brooder all set up. I have a rabbit hutch to convert. And I am ready.

Back
Top Bottom