Who else is getting SNOW?!

Quote:
Sorry to hear this. I understand what you mean. In all of this snow, the chickens are requiring much more of my time and care. 12 inches of snow and a small backyard flock/coop do not mix.
We have about 12", my parents who live only about two miles from me but up another 100 feet elevation wise have 22 inches.

Oh my God... do we got snow. My car is buried to the top of its tires right now. I just stepped outside to measure. 12"+ and still snowing strong. Here's the view out our back door!

west_michigan_dec19th2008.jpg

I took care of my chicken chores last night, but I'm worried for them. They've got their heat lamps and the temps seem to stay in the low 30's inside the coop (and that's right against the wall where it would be colder than the center where they are). Some of them are starting to sneeze a little bit and when I review my pictures, I can see a little tinge of yellow around their nostrils. Arrgh. Thankfully I do have a antibiotics for them. Picked them up the other day from the local grain elevator when I thought I heard a sneeze. I hope they'll be OK.
sad.png

Last edited:
We had frost on the grass this morning... does that count?
tongue.png

My husband however, is stuck up in Northern Washington at my parent's house. He went up to get the van my lovely, wonderful, generous parents are giving to us and now has to wait out the snow a bit before he can head home with MY NEW VAN!!!

Send all your excess snow our way!

I live in Alaska, for cripe's sake, and all we've had lately is rain, rain, rain! I had to fly 250 miles north last weekend just to see real winter. I'm desperately hoping we get snow for Christmas. They are calling for it but you just never know. I'm tired of my world being soggy.

MichiganWoods - it looks so beautiful there! How are you little chickies (well, teenager chickies by now) handling the weather?
(Oops, just saw the part about the chicks. Hopefully they'll be okay. Our temps hang around the 30's constantly and they seem to do just fine.)

Last edited:
Yup, West MI is getting all kinds of it. My driveway is protected by homes on each side, but my baby ChckenDVan is still pretty covered. We're being told to expect about 14 inches, like Chickenlady and Michigan Woods said. I have things to do and places to go, so whatsup with this??!!
100_1608.jpg

Back
Top Bottom