Who else is going crazy waiting?!?!

I was thinking you were closer to me
sad.png

Don't forget trucker friends. I have trucker friends that pick up all kinds of stuff for me LOL. Don't hurt to ask.

Day 22 for me on my blue orps from jimmy47. At 7am nothing at 8am 1 pip as we speak 3 babies 1 pip and 7 hanging in the bator trying to drive me nuts.

Miss P knows how nice these babies are as she hatched some about a month ago. How are your babies from Jim doing Miss P

My Blue Orp. eggs came from Jim as well! Is that who your roo is from MissP?

That's sooo exciting Zoo!!! Sending you some hatching vibes!!! Come on babies, come on! You better post some pics when all is said and done! I would also like to know how many Blue Orps. you end up with. I rooting for all of them!!!
smile.png

Last edited:
I don't think her roo is from Jim at least not the one she was talking to you about. Miss P has hatch many a blue orp from different people on here and off here. I just remember her ones from Jim as I got some from him. She also got some from a couple of other people on here at the same time, I am thinking Cyn (speckled hen) and Julie (bamachicken), I might be wrong on the names.

My little 12 week old blue orp boy that needs a home is not from any of those stocks. He is from eggs from Tuffoldhen and is not related to any of the other orps on BYC.

I do have some cockerals from Jim and Julie's egg stock and they are about a month old and in that gangly stage. They are for sale too.

Any of these blue boys that do not find a new home (and no I cannot ship them due to the horror stories you will read in the archives here) will go in my freezer in about 6 weeks.

Well shoot, MissP. I would LOVE to have him, but don't know how to get him. It would be wonderful to be able to have my own breeding stock of blue's. Let me see if I can figure something out. I don't know how, but like the old saying goes, "where there's a will, there's a way"!

You might also want to call your local chicken group who may be planning the meet and see if anyone from Miss P's area is coming to your local meet and if ya give them a couple bucks for their time they may just bring him out to ya.

In the UP the distances are so far apart that ya have to learn to utilize other ideas. Doesn't hurt to ask worst they could say is no. Also you might want to go on Craig's list and see if anyone is coming your way and might bring him to you or part way. Or your local freecycle.com and in Miss P's area might be able to help (someone they know maybe a trucker). We have a local yardsale site on line as well you might want to check into one on Miss P's end as well as yours. Doesn't hurt to look and then you won't have to worry about Miss P making stew and stock out of these boys.

That got me thinking I might just have to call my trucker friend and see when he is going to Virgina LOL. He can always ask for a load out that way LOL what do ya think Miss P. LOL would one of those boys look good in the UP of MI LOL

You find a away I have the blue boy!

But, you all must remember, these boys grow big - I mean huge, you must have big girls for him to be a flock rooster. Medium and small breed hens would be hurt by his wieght. For example - most RIR hens would be far too small for a big blue orp rooster.

Back
Top Bottom