Who else is NUTS! ~ I have chicks hatching ~ 3 out so far

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
NY
I just went upstairs to find some screaming eggs.
They have cracks... YIPPI.

I have an incubator and a little bed in the upstairs hallway. NO FOOLING
gig.gif

Everytime I have eggs hatching that is where I sleep.

The bed was originally for my grandson when he visits. Because we only have a three bedroom house and
I still have 2 girls at home, So when my son & his family come they get one room my girls share the other and my grandson gets the hallway.
Its sorta a cute little bedroom on/in the landing.
WITH AN INCUBATOR OF COURSE.
lau.gif

nite nite
jumpy.gif

www.flufnstuff.com

Its nice to see I am in good company..
So far 3 are out............
I will take pictures tomorrow........

Last edited:
Sounds like a cute idea! I have my bator in the bathroom. It is the only room in the house, that stays fairly warm. Im only on day 3 tho...ugh! Good luck with your hatch. Oh, yeah, whatcha hatchin!??? Mine are Langshans.

well i'm done hatching for the winter but i got a brooder full!!! i got 8 white silkies, 7 different colored sizzles, 6 favorolles and a showgirl,lol. mine are just feathed in wings and some on feet and a few have bum feathers starting. but....

i still got 3 broodies outside sitting on eggies too,lol. i stopped but they didn't score one for the momma's cause i'm jonesin for some more hatching and spring is so far away, rotfl. dh said stop hatching or ur outside with them, hehe. so what my broodies do i have no control over. looks like brooder babies for the winter here. i couldn't imagine it any other way though.
silkie

Yea, I'm nuts, too! Got 13 in the incubator on day 20 and I have a dozen eggs shipping to me today so as soon as the ones in the bator hit the brooder, I'll be setting the bator right back up for the next hatch. I've already got the next bunch I want to set picked out just so long as Jody's buff orps keep laying after all the snow she has out her way. That is how you do it, right, one hatch per month?
big_smile.png
Huhm, new Christmas song... All I want for Christmas is hatching eggs, a new incubator and lots of chicks ....
lau.gif
I slept on the couch when the last batch hit the pipping stage and I'm sure I'll do it again tonight if they start pipping. Wish I had a bed, but the bators in the living room and I'm sure DH would draw the line there. Well, good luck with the hatch, flufnstuffs, and justusnak, only day 3...ugh, I do feel for you, the first 18 days seem to take forever, but before you know it...
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
everywhere.

Yep, hatching all month and into December. First I wasn't hatching until spring and now I'm hatching half the winter. I've lost my mind, I guess. Now I'll have to worry about heatlamps going out and power outages, etc, for a couple of months.

I am right here with you guys! I have 10 or so eggs from Cynthia coming soon and a dozen buff silkie eggs and a 1/2 dozen BO eggs coming from Jody! My father came over to help me with my new coop and I think he thinks I need to be committed.
wink.png

I just realized I will have Christmas Peeps!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I'm letting a select few mommas have a go at hatching chicks. This is what I have...2 serama girls about 6 weeks old, Momma serama is on 6 more eggs, 1 silkie hen on 3 eggs, 1 D'uccle chick 3 days old and 2 two week old pure red jungle fowl peeps.

I have five BO eggs under a silkie hen that are due the day after Thanksgiving.

Heck, if I had a better incubator that I could keep the temps stable in during the wintertime, I'd be hatching full force like I was over summer/fall!!!

Back
Top Bottom