Who else is tired of these brat pop stars?

Wow you pick one out of 16. Kind of proved my point.
And who would you put the most blame on, the married man twice her age or the young single girl ?

And I did miss the articles, not something I keep up with.
She wasn't single.. (And as far as young, if she's old enough to live on her own and make adult decisions, she's old enough to be held accountable for her bad ones.) She was living with her boyfriend at the time. I would split the blame 50/50, considering that it wasn't like she didn't know he was married, AND she cheated on her own boyfriend. Women aren't naive innocents all the time.

And all I meant to point out was that I saw no good reason for her to be on that list. I fail to see how I proved your point. (Please teach me your secrets for avoiding the stories- I can't go to the dollar store without being bombarded with celeb scandals.)

Who out of the 16 is getting talked about here ?

That's my point.

I don't even see the rag papers.
I never disagreed with your point that only the ones who act up get attention. That is absolutely true. All I meant was that I thought you had made an error in judgement when you said that Kristen Stewart had behaved herself and avoided scandal. Notice that I gave you the benefit of the doubt in assuming you had missed the articles.

That being said, in the case of Shirley Temple, she officially retired in 1950, so of course we don't hear news about her. She's a mostly normal little old lady living in peace. What news would there be? "Shirley Temple read a book today. Shirley Temple visited her great-granddaughter."
lol.png

There are few kids who become very famous before puberty and keep their heads on straight. Then they turn into jerks as adults.

Quote: My reply was to Bullitt.
So what I'm talking about is most of the kids do turnout OK, the minority that act up get all the attention.

Shirley Temple was one of the examples that found unlimited fame at a young age and still turned out OK.

Now do you also think that very few turn out OK ?

My reply was to Bullitt.
So what I'm talking about is most of the kids do turnout OK, the minority that act up get all the attention.

Shirley Temple was one of the examples that found unlimited fame at a young age and still turned out OK.

Now do you also think that very few turn out OK ?
I don't think I'm educated enough on the subject to have an informed opinion, as I don't really do research on celebrities. The only information I really have is what runs across my path on Yahoo news and I kill time by reading. Therefore, like most of the rest of the world, I only really know about the ones that act out. (Except for Jennifer Lawrence- everything I have read about her just earns her my admiration.) It's not something I'm proud of, but there it is.

I'm perhaps the only girl in my whole neighborhood who cant stand Justin Beiber. The little lipstick wearing moron is as stupid as he is lazy, as proven in the OP's post. I am often teased for disliking him, but I don't care.

Ps, I like good old country and classical, cant stand popstar music. At all. Thanks for starting this thread! Glad to know I'm not the only one who dislikes him.

Wow! My first post on here, and it's about Bieber?! I agree with you though. I have taught my girls (11 & 16) that he is a nothing but a child celebrity, with too much fame and money at too young of an age. Realistically, you can't change the world, but you can teach your children. I just let them know that the majority of these "Stars" are NOTHING you would ever want to model yourself after.

But yeah, he should be ashamed of himself, and hopefully, one day he will be.

That is what I was hoping parents are doing, teaching their children that they should not admire these people.

I'm perhaps the only girl in my whole neighborhood who cant stand Justin Beiber. The little lipstick wearing moron is as stupid as he is lazy, as proven in the OP's post. I am often teased for disliking him, but I don't care.

Ps, I like good old country and classical, cant stand popstar music. At all. Thanks for starting this thread! Glad to know I'm not the only one who dislikes him.

You are teased for not liking Justin Bieber? I guess he is the "it" male pop star right now. It's good that you have your own mind. I can understand why teenagers like him. They are not experienced enough to know better. :)

I wouldn't say all music called popular music is bad. Each performer should be judged on their own talents. But I can't think of one currently popular pop star that I want to listen to. But again, that music is targeted at teenagers.

I think kids can get much more famous in the music business than in movies. There are rare exceptions like Macaulay Culkin. Kids also try to act like music stars more, I think. In recent decades there is also much more media attention on famous people than there was in the past. TMZ now ambushes famous people coming out of the grocery store.

I remember in about 1984 or 1985 many of the teenage girls were dressed like Madonna in her "Like a Virgin" music video. You don't see that kind of reaction as much with movies. Kids might dress up as Luke Skywalker or Princess Leia on Halloween.

Back
Top Bottom