Who got SNOW last night?

So sorry about the snow!! Feeling fortunate not to have it bad this year because that means much happier chickens. And much happier everybody else too!

"Global warming" - the term invented some time ago - is unfortunately misleading. Has lots of folks thinking that if they get uncharacteristic cold weather how can there be global warming? So very understandable, given that term. As a result, there's an effort to amongst scientists now to use the term "Climate Change" instead of global warming. Most of the scientific community has observed that the overall warming of the globe is causing erratic weather - hot when it's supposed to be cold, cold when it's supposed to be hot, temps up and down in wide swings, more frequent and more fierce storms (tsunami, Katrina, etc.) - all of these things are happening much more often. As a result, many problems have arisen - crops are dying, water is rising, wonderful species like Emperor penguins are perishing, etc. One can debate whether the cause is man made or not - but it doesn't matter because humans have the power to help reduce the problem.

Hope spring has now sprung wherever you are
frow.gif

JJ

Quote:
I hear ya, I'm so sick of winter right now! I want to plant my garden and flowers and not have to worry about the hose being frozen when I go to water everyone.
sad.png

I got paranoid so I hung a second heat lamp in the coop. My flock has only been out a week. sad This morning they all stayed in because it was raining and cold.

YOur such a GREAT chicken mommy! I would have done the same...poor things...they are only out a week and then they get this cold weather that they are not used to yet
sad.png

We got an inch of snow last week here in WI but none this week
smile.png
It's COLD tho! It makes me happy I didn't get the chicks delivered until the end of may now! I thought it would be MUCH warmer by now!​

Back
Top Bottom