Who has a foodsaver? Is it worth it? Do you like it?

Sam's Club and Costco often have the full set with bags, canisters etc for $100-$120. We got that as a wedding gift (the first one they made), and replaced it last year after burning it out (weekly use). The bags are washable/reusable so if it's just veggies, I reuse them (raw meats get new bags though). Best way I know to save processed meats (I vac about 100-150 chicken breasts/legs every 3 months).

How do ppl who don't have a food saver marinate meat?? I love the canisters,I wouldn't be without one... got mine at Costco and bags at walmart. I wash them in the dishwasher. problem with reuse is it could get a small hole, then its toast. also be careful rummaging around in the freezer so you don't put a hole in it.

Connie

Here is the BEST place to purchase foodsaver bags in BULK - along with every other brand out there (Rival, Sunbeam, Oyster, etc)

http://www.jardenstore.com/

They are Foodsaver brand bags (its the same company that makes them) - and you can find promo codes out there for them. The more you order, the more you save! There are no other stores out on the internet or even locally here in VA that are cheaper for REAL FoodSaver bags, even with shipping (trust me, I've looked - for hours). The more you buy the more of a discount you get. I purchased 6 rolls of the 11 inch and 6 rolls of the 8 inch for $6.99 per roll, and that includes free shipping - for a total of $84.00! (free shipping on orders over $80.00)

You cannot find that deal anywhere, believe me.
big_smile.png

we live with our foodsaver and have had it for about 6 years now - love love love it!

Last edited:
Check your local Tractor Supply Store. I just picked up the Foodsaver Sports saver model regularly $120 for $70 on clearance. It's considered a seasonal item and was in the clearance section with other Summer stuff.

i love my food saver. I would trade my kids for it........ no really, take them... yes, all 8 of them. Then I'll buy you one
lau.gif

my dad loves it and freezes anything and everything he can get his hands on..
He loves to use it with things hes going to have to take on the water and doesnt want to get wet.

He even has a neat little attachment for jars.

It really is kinds neat.

...Though he always does complain about how expensive the bags are
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom