Who has a Kitchen Aid Mixer?

I have one that is 13 years old... not the tilt, but the one that lifts with the lever. I LOVE IT. I make EVERYTHING in it. I have the pasta maker, the meat grinder, and I use them all. I saved on the price a little too, by getting the slightly dinged display model. If you can get it, do it.
big_smile.png

We've got a 250W white tilt head that we've used hard for over 20 years and it still works as good as when we first got it. Gave the same model to my mother 17 years ago and she tried to wear it out, couldn't. When she moved in with us we gave it to one of my DLs and she love it. Don't know if you could get a better mixer for the price. Alton Brown on "Good Eats" has custom painted one with flames.

My Sunbeam is starting to act up. It was a wedding present thirty years ago, so I can't complain. It is just that I cringe when I look at the price, but I don't want a cheap Chinese made plastic gear one that won't last.

We went to Kohl's yesterday so I could actually look at them in person. I am not too sure I like the bowl-lift model. It seems like it would be a pain to remove the bowl with the beater, etc. attached. I may go with the Artisan or Classic model. Thanks for all your replies!

The bowl lift model isn't a pain at all. You just remove the beater BEFORE you remove the bowl. If you do a lot of cooking, then you really do need to go with a professional model. If you just do light cooking, then the classic model would do fine for you.

I have this one.

6934814777504P.JPG

I really like it but I hardly use it. It is $399 at Bed Bath and Beyond but you can use a 20% off coupon! Kohl's hardly ever had them on sale and when they do, I don't think they are 20% off.

i have an elderly kitchenaid (nearly 20 years old) and it's a total workhorse. i use it daily to knead bread and it's never let me down. you can bet when it finally gives up, there will be a new one in my kitchen asap!

Last year I had planned to get a new Kitchenaid stand mixer. The one I had at the time was inherited from my MIL when she decided to buy herself a new one and had passed this one along to her son (my DH). When we married I had a 20yr old chrome hamilton beach and my beater broke and I couldn't find a replacement so I began using the old Kitchenaid. And used it I did. I even made our wedding cake and icing using it. The moter gets hot after long whipping and it doesn't whip cream as well as it once did but it is still a work horse machine. So, last year I had planned to save my Christmas money I was given and buy a new one when the old one died because surely it wouldn't last another year at this rate. The motor was bound to burn out. How wrong I was. One year later and the old one is still going. My MIL said enough is enough and she gave me a new one for Christmas this year and suggested sending the old one to the GoodWill. Eeek! No! I'll use it till it dies! It was a wedding gift in 1968 - so it is 40 years old and still mixing.

I have the KA Classic in white. My DH bought it for me about 10 years ago and I am always using it. I also have the pasta and food mill attachment. Thought about the meat grinder, but we have a table mount grinder for that.

Back
Top Bottom