who has portable chicken coop/run for 25 birds ?

Buy a used utility off of CL and build a coop on top of it. I looked at buying the wheel kit from the Horizon coop website and they want around $350 for it.

Wayne

Quote:
Oh I know, but did you look down at the 8x8 chicken coop wheels, they are like $500-$700 for wheels, wow! I've also searched the internet for shed and coop wheels, even Dollies and couldn't find anything like that. Check this site out,
but have no clue who sales them.
the utility off of cl, where can I find those ?

I meant to write Utility trailer. My brain must not have been working too well when I wrote that. I also tried to search for some type of wheel kit on the internet and came up empty. My coop is supposed to be a 4x8 but when I measured it, it was a little over 4' wide and about 7' long so the 4x8 utility trailer I bought to put my coop on, won't work. Its not wide enough and the wheels would get in the way if I tried to put the coop on it. That is what I get for not measuring the coop before I bought the trailer and taking the builder's word that the measurements were right. Search for the word "utility trailer" on CL and you should get a lot of hits.

Wayne

Quote:
I'm terribly sorry and apologize for the re-peat, but I thought maybe that with all the new things we learn, hear or see daily, people can give me some ideas. The dimentions I was looking for is 7x7, 8x10 and 5x10.

Too small for 25 pullets. I would not attempt a tractor for that many. A dozen would be the limit for me using a tractor. Is your property level? That is a must for a tractor.

The side of the house isn't flat at all. I have a walk out basement so they made like a little hill going down but the rest is flat. There are some pic of my backyard at my BYC page if you want to see them. Now I found this website
https://www.backyardchickens.com/coopdesigns.html The chicken coop and run "The simple chicken coop" scroll down just a little bit and you'll see. And it says that can have wheels on it for little extra money but it doesn't say how many chickens is it for. The sice is 4x6 and 5ft tall. Now if I could get that and the coop I already made on the other side of the coop with a bigger run, wouldn't that work ? But I will LOVE to get my hands on this http://www.busyboo.com/2008/08/05/small-house-togo/
big_smile.png

Quote:
awww thank you, I'm still at it too
big_smile.png
I've just checked the website and
ep.gif
the prices $10,000 and $15,000. They are beautiful but WOW.

I have a question... I just looked at your page and if the only thing that's holding you back from putting the coop in the corner is carrying water why don't you run a water line. There not that expensice to run compared to the prices of those coops!!

Quote:
True, If I find them a permanet location, I would like to have a waterline and even electricity. Right now there is an extention going thru to their coop and run. I'm a little worried about that corner. Although it's all fenced in, the predators I'm worried about
sad.png
The sun comes up behind the tress and they don't get direct sun. But it is a flat land and I could see them even they'll will be far away. I have to draw it in my head and let's see

If you do buy/build a chicken tractor could you please post pics? I am looking at different tractors that would be feasible for 25 meat birds. I heard that the meat birds don't need as much room as the layers though as they aren't as active. Still I would like them to be able to move around freely so they don't get fat or anything!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom