Who has weird phobias?

Bears - so bad I get nervous two weeks before I go camping and then I have to take Nyquil and put earplugs in before I can sleep at night! We've had some run ins with bears while camping...most when we were away from the campsite thank goodness. BUT...one time years ago I was sleeping in the tent and heard a big SLURP, SLURP, SLURP and heard some heavy paws and realized a bear was right outside our tent drinking the water in the pan we had washed our feet in before we went to bed!!! That sealed the deal for me: Bear phobia ever since. I've learned to supress my fear somewhat over the years because are you going to do - not go camping with your family?

The ONLY thing I am scared of is wasps. Snakes and such don't bother me. I also have a thing about even numbers, I don't stop the gas pump on a even number, always $91.25 or something crazy.

bridges and tunnels(tunnels because I sometimes have to use the ones in Boston:eek:

getting over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel is NOT easy for me. But at the same time I love driving that route:idunno

When I head west of "home" there is a bridge that is part of Rte 2 that scares me as well. The French King bridge. I have made myself drive over it AND when i reach the other side I stop in the parking area and have made myself walk out to the middle of it. I cant look over the edge yet. And I have a death grip on the railing and husband. I wont let my daughter walk out there at all.

There is also one that used to freak me out going to Emerald isle in NC

Also for some reason. Falling down the stairs. Doesnt matter what set of stairs of how long or short they are. I still get nervous when my daughter goes up and down them. During my pregnancy with her I never worried about miscarriage(which was odd since I had had two previously) or SIDS. It was her falling down the stairs.

I also can NOT have anything over my head or face when I sleep. I will panic and get violent to get it off.

Bee and hornet nests. I can handle the insects themselves pretty well. But seeing a hive or nest . I have a hard time even typing it out. I know where that comes from.. but really.. cant write it out.

The way I figure, since I believe in reincarnation, is that something relating to bridges, stairs and being suffocated happened to "me" in a previous life.
Fear of tunnels is easy to explain. I have no faith in the engineers/builders of them.:|

Last edited:
Rubber bands. Seriously. Pull one back and point it at me, and I turn to jell-o.
lol.png

I also do this weird thing if I'm walking around in public, for example at a mall or store or something--when people walk by me (like, towards me, as they are passing me walking in the opposite direction that I am), I hold my breath 'till they've passed. Don't ask, I don't know....I'm not a germaphobe or anything, so I have no idea why I do this!

I also freak out about bees, but I have a deathly reaction (literally; I go into anaphylactic shock) to them so I don't think of that so much as a phobia--that's more like a survival instinct!

Cotton balls and q-tips have me running. It gives me creeps up my spine just thinking about them, that nasty nopisethey make . And when the dentist shoves one in my cheeks it makes me barf. If i have to use qtips i have to wet them before use. My DD has to take out the cottonball out of a new bottle of medication, i cant touch them.

Rhett&SarahsMom :

bridges and tunnels(tunnels because I sometimes have to use the ones in Boston:eek:

Fear of tunnels is easy to explain. I have no faith in the engineers/builders of them.:|

Boston's tunnels bother me sometimes too...​

Last edited:
Quote:
I thought my husband was alone with this phobia.

Mine is a bit strange. I have this ocd if you will if I am walking with someone either in a parking lot or anywhere. And there is a pole or tree we all have to walk on the same side of it. My kids say "Don"t split the pole" sarcastically. It flips me out for some reason.

I also have a rodent issue.

Last edited:
Roaches make me cry. I'm petrified of them.
And I have to set my alarm clock 5 times. It's not really a phobia, just something that has to be done.

Back
Top Bottom