1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Who has weird phobias?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HorseFeathers, Jun 22, 2008.

1. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    I am deathly afraid of lakes and pigs. I don't know why, but pigs just really FREAK ME OUT and lakes- shudder. I really have no clue why. Guess that's why it's a phobia!

Anyone else have unusual fears?

2. chikkinlittlesc

chikkinlittlesc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    South Carolina
    I am afraid of frogs! They give me the heebie jeebies and I will avoid them at all costs! I can't explain why, but I have been afraid of them all my life. I don't go out after dark much during the summer because I am afraid I will run into one![​IMG]
    Crazy, huh?

3. tmk

tmk Chillin' With My Peeps

Roaches!! [​IMG]

I know they don't bite or sting, but I can't go near by it, even when it's dead!
    Don't know why, never been attacked or anything [​IMG]

I once worked with a person who was deathly afraid of birds. Any birds, even parakeets. She said their beaks and feet are so different than people's and couldn't stand even to look at them.
    I would personally prefere birds with beak over the birds with lips tho...[​IMG]

4. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    snakes can't even look at one in a magizine or on tv.

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I have so many phobias, I wouldn't know where to start! [​IMG]

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Moths...not butterflies...just moths.

7. NoelTate

NoelTate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    My two great fears are snakes and dead people. Can't abide seeing a snake or a dead body. Ever since falling out of a tree back in middle school, I've been afraid of heights, but nothing like the extremes to which snakes and dead folks scare me...those are probably from too many bad horror movies lol

8. FlockEweFarm

FlockEweFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Flagstaff,AZ
    Grandaddy Longlegs Spiders! They give me a flat @55ed runaway every single time I come across one of the nasty things. I think they are the major reason I left the South, with their gross long legs and their big ole pinto bean sized bodies, and how they cluster up over doorways and drop down on ya...yeeegh! Gave myself the shudders. I dont mind black widows, brown recluse, or any other type of critter, and I can even tolerate a mouse running up the sleeve of my shirt from the feed bin, into my bra and then jumping out,(true story, the neighbors heard the shrieks) but a dang grandaddy longlegs will make me move out of the country.

9. BuckeyeDave

BuckeyeDave Overrun with Buckeyes

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    I haven't found a phobia yet, but I'm still looking.
    Peace,
    Dave

10. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Newspapers. I hate touching them, and I really hate the ink. My DH hates pairing socks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by