Who Here Has The Flu?

Both my parents have it
hmm.png

i hope you fell better
hugs.gif

Thanks folks for all the good wishes and advice. Still sick today and have now lost a total of 10lbs., which is not good for me. I had gastric bypass in December, so it is especially hard on my body to be going through this. I lose weight easily already, and I can't take time-released medicines like Immodium, or stuff that "coats" your stomach like Pepto Bismal, or pain relievers like asprin or Ibuprofen or Aleve... basically only Tylenol, and I think that is making me feel sicker, so I stopped taking that, too. THANKFULLY I was able to eat a tiny bit of avocado and cracker this morning, and last night had a little chicken broth. At least I'm not devoid of all foodstuffs.

Waiting for a callback from the GB doc to see what I can do now.

Really, your well wishes mean so much to me. THANK YOU!

--Laurie

aghhh I feel for ya.
I had something like that earlier this year.

Worse so far though was two Christmas's ago. Had the roto virus or what ever it was. I called it the roto rotor virus. I cleaned me OUT! It was HELL. Got it at the barn party on the 23 of December. Made it through the 24. Woke up Christmas night and spent the next 24 hours on the bathroom floor. Not even the couch was close enough to the needed receptacles.
I was so weak my dh had to take the 27th of Dec off to care for me. It was weeks before I felt "right" again and could even think of trying to eat. On the plus.. I lost 20lbs

I feel for you...I caught one of those 24 hour flu bugs once and man oh man...I thought I was going to die. The next day I was caught drinking my nephew's Pedialyte. It was the only thing I could keep down!

Rhett&SarahsMom :

aghhh I feel for ya.
I had something like that earlier this year.

Worse so far though was two Christmas's ago. Had the roto virus or what ever it was. I called it the roto rotor virus. I cleaned me OUT! It was HELL. Got it at the barn party on the 23 of December. Made it through the 24. Woke up Christmas night and spent the next 24 hours on the bathroom floor. Not even the couch was close enough to the needed receptacles.
I was so weak my dh had to take the 27th of Dec off to care for me. It was weeks before I felt "right" again and could even think of trying to eat. On the plus.. I lost 20lbs

I hear ya. I had rotovirus 2 years ago. It was horrible. The difference in this is the pain factor. This is just like cold needles on your skin, but you're burning up with fever. Every joint aches. And the intestinal pain is shocking. What really upsets me, though, is that my three daughters all had to go through this, too! They must have been soooo miserable
sad.png
All they wanted was for me and my DH to hold them all the time. They were just immobilized by it. Wonderful virus, huh?

It makes me freak out a little about even taking them places, especially in winter. Preschool? Virus. Grocery store? Virus? Restaurant? Virus. Playdate? Virus. And now the zoo! Makes me want to never let them in school full time. What's going to happen then?​

My son got it a few days ago...and now I have some form of it. We're leaving for New England Sunday...I hope I get over it quick (b/c I am doing most of the driving) and the other kids don't get it or get over it quickly. We can't see my sister (she has cancer and is on chemo) if any of us are sick when we get there. :-(

Thank you ~ hoping I don't get it too bad since I've been pushing echinace, vit. b complex and vit. c. I have to work Saturday, too so it'll be a busy few days before we leave and I need to be somewhat capable of doing more than moaning and groaning before then! ;-)

hugs.gif
Awwww-so sorry mama! I have been wondering where your blog posts went. Hope the meds are helping you today. My dd got a sudden 102 fever yesterday-no warning. She is better today at 100-101. I'm not sure what her deal is-hard to figure out symptoms in a 2.5 year old!
Feel better really soon!

Back
Top Bottom