Who here is into Photography?

Playing with my iPhone camera

Hey! It's been a while since I've posted to this thread but wanted to stop by and ask for some critique on some of my newest pictures.

Our little Bear. She was born with out a tail and looked like a little bear when she ran around.

Kittens. Wish the other kitties face wasn't blurry...

Wanted to add an extra element to a rose picture, so I had my little sister hold it for me.

Long exposure with sparklers.

Squirrel!

Waterfall.

More kitties.

Sunset. I thought it turned out pretty well seeing as I took it out the window of the car as we were driving. (Ironically just as we were passing a nature photography truck.)

Sunset on the beach in California

Same sunset with a silhouette added.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Glad I found this thread. I have a EOS Rebel T1i. I got it two years ago from my husband when I got my A.A. degree! I also use my Samsung S5 or iPhone 5.

I love to take pictures but half the time I have no clue what I am doing lol. Most of the time I'll capture a picture and think "how did I get that one"

S5 pictures

EOS

Same chick all grown up

Last edited:
Hey! It's been a while since I've posted to this thread but wanted to stop by and ask for some critique on some of my newest pictures.

Our little Bear. She was born with out a tail and looked like a little bear when she ran around.
I think close ups of faces like this the eyes are all important, make sure the eyes are perfect.

Kittens. Wish the other kitties face wasn't blurry...

Wanted to add an extra element to a rose picture, so I had my little sister hold it for me.
Love the concept of this one, I think the pic would be made even better w/ a cleaned up background. Like if you had her pose in such a way that her hands/arm were extended like they are but her body wasn't in the background.

Love the focus on the bud, but find the background distracting from the pic

Long exposure with sparklers.
Playing w/ shutter exposure and light is such fun, great job it isn't easy.

Squirrel!

Waterfall.
Another successful shutter exposure experiment, great job on keeping the water soft and the rest in focus

More kitties.
Great High Key pic, and capture of emotion

Sunset. I thought it turned out pretty well seeing as I took it out the window of the car as we were driving. (Ironically just as we were passing a nature photography truck.)

Sunset on the beach in California

Same sunset with a silhouette added.
Good sunset silhouette, my only thinking on it is to experiment w/ form and shape of the silhouette.

Great job! I'll offer a couple of quick thoughts only b/c you asked, overall very good pics.

@Ilovemyduckies I don't know if you have seen these or remember them, but they were some of my experiments w/ light and shutter speed

These were done w/ 10 second exposure and a flashlight behind the shower curtain.

These were done 30 second exposure (maybe a bit longer can't remember right now) and a helper w/ a flashlight and lots and lots of bad takes!!! lol

Great job! I'll offer a couple of quick thoughts only b/c you asked, overall very good pics.
Thx for the input! I do need work on getting less distracting backgrounds. As soon as my rose bush has more roses on it, I was going to try retaking the rose in hand picture with a better lens. I will make sure to keep that in mind when I do.

@Ilovemyduckies I don't know if you have seen these or remember them, but they were some of my experiments w/ light and shutter speed

These were done w/ 10 second exposure and a flashlight behind the shower curtain.

These were done 30 second exposure (maybe a bit longer can't remember right now) and a helper w/ a flashlight and lots and lots of bad takes!!! lol
Yes! I remember them and thought they were awesome! I had to redo the sparkler pictures several times 'cause of illegible words, too short of exposures, etc. Either way, it was fun to experiment.

I love experimenting with shutter. Everyone was making fun on me at the 4th of July fireworks because I was watching them through my camera! I still had more fun taking the pictures then I usually do just watching though.

Thx for the input! I do need work on getting less distracting backgrounds. As soon as my rose bush has more roses on it, I was going to try retaking the rose in hand picture with a better lens. I will make sure to keep that in mind when I do.

An easy way to clean the background is to take the picture at dusk, the flower colors really pop and the background darkens naturally

These all had messy distracting backgounds that were minimized are disappeared b/c it was dusk

Back
Top Bottom