Who is laying this?

Jay262

Songster
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
I have my embdem geese and cayugas housed togather and one of my embdems is laying forsure but I have gotten a new egg now it looks like a embdem goose egg but a little bit smaller? Any ides on what it is? Do geese lay smaller eggs when they first start laying?
The new egg is the one in the middle on top chicken egg and bottom goose egg for comparison.

Hi. I´ve no idea what a cayuga egg looks like to compare, but I do know that sometimes the first goose egg can be extremely small, like a duck egg. If your embdens are just starting to lay, that could well be a goose egg.

I have my embdem geese and cayugas housed togather and one of my embdems is laying forsure but I have gotten a new egg now it looks like a embdem goose egg but a little bit smaller? Any ides on what it is? Do geese lay smaller eggs when they first start laying?
The new egg is the one in the middle on top chicken egg and bottom goose egg for comparison.
I'd think you'd be able to tell by feel also ducks eggs are waxy, goose eggs feel more like chicken eggs to me.

If your only ducks are Cayuga and if they are laying their 1st eggs of season, then I would expect a greyish tint color to the egg.

If your only ducks are Cayuga and if they are laying their 1st eggs of season, then I would expect a greyish tint color to the egg.

That's what I was thinking to about the color and as for the waxy feel my goose eggs feel kinda waxy to be honest so that wont help in determining what it is. I guess I will be putting them in the incubator either way and we will see what happens. Thx for the advice from everyone.

Back
Top Bottom