Who is pipping and waiting right now??

I have a chick!!!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
WHOO HOOO!!

I was going into the kitchen and working on supper, and I peeked at them again. He went from pipped to zipped all the way around in ten minutes!

Quote:
Sadly, I should have gone with my first instinct and helped out the peeper, the second day.. it died in the shell. Never pipped but peeped alot. Perfectly formed and developed. Sometimes Serama need this help. I have to remind myself to go with my gut.
I suppose eggs are no different than any other animal. If they need help, help. You wouldn't let a kitten, puppy or cow, pig or goat die half delivered.
Still two more to go and one other odd ball that I don't know who laid. It is either a mutt or a vorwerk. It will be fun to see!
Waiting on 12 bantam buttercup hatching eggs from Superior Farms. Should have been here by now but, they keep setting me back? The truth would be good.

ETA: Sorry about the rant folks...

Last edited:
This hatch is going really slow. I am nearing the end of day 21 with only 6 of 20 to have hatched out so far. These eggs were all shipped during the coldest time of the year so I'm worried that I will not get a good hatch this time. The six to hatch so far are full size barred rocks. None of the 8 bantam barred rock eggs have started to hatch. Being smaller they may have been more susceptible to the cold. I'll give them a couple more days.

good luckies estpr13 ,, i always keep my shipped eggs in a couple days longer then my eggs. i think ive even had some hatch on day 24
roll.png

good luckies everyone else ,, i took out another 25 or so last night, have another 20 or so hatched out in the hatcher
roll.png

Thanks Jim... I've been following your hatches and saw your plans to work with someone on a hatchery. Wish you will with that, you definately have the hatching experience down to a science. Good luck. Have you heard from Sara lately? (Sadie's owner) PM her before you move.

Congratulations Warmfuzzies. You must have had really good humidity control for a chick to zip in that short of time. Too high or two low and they have problems.

Good hatching everyone else. It's starting to be an exciting time of year for having chickens.

I didnt know it would take so long.... one......at........a......time! I guess I thought that once they started they would all come at once. I dint know why I thought that, it doest make any sence!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom