Who is pipping and waiting right now??

Quote:
Thanks for posting that Wildsky. My chicks should look just like that. Nice to know what they are supposed to look like. You know, you set yours before I did mine so yours is actually the first chick hatched from any eggs on my place.

Quote:
Thanks for posting that Wildsky. My chicks should look just like that. Nice to know what they are supposed to look like. You know, you set yours before I did mine so yours is actually the first chick hatched from any eggs on my place.

I'm honored! And feel free to use my pictures where-ever you want - I'll take more, when our weather clears and I feel safe taking the chick from warm mom!
lol.png

I did see the little booger was OUT today from under mom, and poking around in the nest box, it was so cute to see, and mom making her funny little noises "get back in here!!!"
My children just want to HOLD the babies, my son was holding in that picture.... so my daughter feels a little left out.

here is one of the other chicks that hatched today.
This is a little Japanese bantam from Bantychickmom

SANY0078.jpg

Quote:

I'm honored! And feel free to use my pictures where-ever you want - I'll take more, when our weather clears and I feel safe taking the chick from warm mom!
lol.png

I did see the little booger was OUT today from under mom, and poking around in the nest box, it was so cute to see, and mom making her funny little noises "get back in here!!!"
My children just want to HOLD the babies, my son was holding in that picture.... so my daughter feels a little left out.

here is one of the other chicks that hatched today.
This is a little Japanese bantam from Bantychickmom

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z162/Mikcher/SANY0078.jpg

Wow! That is tiny! I only have 9 days left until my hatch. I can't wait.

Really tiny baby there - I have decided to keep them separate from the flock for a little while - that bantam baby is SO small - smaller than I imagined it would be
lol.png

I'm waiting... and holding my breath... 4 Red Dorking eggs in the hatcher due tomorrow...
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
I am hatching them in the carton, because their airsacs were somewhat disrupted during shipping.

Ace, those babies are sweet! Now I know what the TAM look like. Mine are the same color, but have the chipmunk striping down the back. The seller hasn't seen fit to reply to my question, so I really don't know what breed it is, or if it's a cross.
IMG_1463.jpg

Any thoughts?
She said there might be Mexican (scaled) quail in the mix, but then her SIL said it was a cross between the coturnix and their whites?!? I dunno...
hu.gif

I am waitting right now... Earlier this afternoon I think that I saw some pipping on the shell. I am tired of waitting ...I should get a camera and put it over the box.... I saw her out on the lawn todayand thought that she had given up.... but she went right back to them... and sat the rest of the day.... Hurry and hatch....I am waitting.

I have 20 hatched and still 1 pipped on my ameraucana chicks. waiting on the others tonight at about 5:00 p.m is the start of day 22. I don't think 21 out of 25 shipped eggs is bad. 2 of the eggs were broke in the box when we received them so they had to be shook up pretty rough. so I don't think we did that bad do you?

Last edited:
Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Ace, those babies are sweet! Now I know what the TAM look like. Mine are the same color, but have the chipmunk striping down the back. The seller hasn't seen fit to reply to my question, so I really don't know what breed it is, or if it's a cross.

Any thoughts?
She said there might be Mexican (scaled) quail in the mix, but then her SIL said it was a cross between the coturnix and their whites?!? I dunno...
hu.gif

Thanks, these are actually less noisy than the bobwhites and the manchurians. I like listening to them chirp at one another.

TAM should be pure white with small flecks of black. That looks like a cross breed to me. My manchurians started off colored like that with the chipmunk striping. If it is really golden buff it could be manchurian, or it might be TAM/regular coturnix. I haven't seen scaled quail chicks at all so I'm not sure if it could be one or not. If they have italians too it could be one also. The italians are close to manchurian in color just a lighter.​

Back
Top Bottom