Who is still layed off...any dated to return?

chickenchickenbulkbulk

Songster
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
OHIO
My husband is still layed off..he is a steel worker in Kentucky. He heard through the grape vine of a return date of March 26th. How is every one else doing? We are doing good. I just wanted to check in with every one. God Bless DeeJay

my husband goes back mon...glad it did not last any longer kinda enjoyed it and we got alot done but if it was any longer things would get tight around here....I feel bad for the people who is laid off and the people who's lost their jobs....especially the young couples with babies.....my son works 2 jobs they have a 2yr and newborn and it is hard for them.....

I know times are tough for a lot of people. I sure am glad to hear that your husband is going back to work. We are afraid to spend any money. Not knowing is the problem. I had to work like that..I held down 2 jobs "full time" for 1 year. I worked one job from 7am-3pm run home freshin up and get to the other job by 4p-12a. I had my days off on the same day from both jobs so I could get laundry done etc. it was rough, but after the divorce I had to stay busy or go insane. With in a year I bought a home and a new car. I put my life in God's hands and he seen me and the 2 boys through the roughest time of our life so far. Tell your son to hang in there and not to forget to enjoy his children..they do grow up fast! They will make it..

Last edited:
We haven't worked since September of this year and let me tell you......I am know very scared! We will be okay until March 1 but after that I do not know what we will do!
My husband has owned his own remodeling business for 30 years. He says he has never seen things so bad. We both have been looking for work but to no avail, we live in a county in Washington state that has the highest unemployment rate in the state.
For the last 2 years we drove 150 miles a day for work just to be working because it was all we could get. Even the prospects of that are now gone.

We have sold almost everything that we could think of that we had sitting around to sell but that money has only gone so far.

DH's sister and BIL called yesterday and said that they have no more money to make their house payments.

When is enough ............enough?

My husband was laid off in October. He was a mechanic at a Chevy dealership. They say they might bring him back in the spring....but I think it was just talk.
He is on unemployment which will run out in April. Out of all the jobs he has applied for he got one interview and is still waiting to hear back.
caf.gif

*raises hand*
Me Me ME!!! I was laid off in October. It was an indefinate layoff, meaning I may never go back- BUT, my boss last month said he is hoping to be able to call me back soon. Could just be his dreaming, though. We shall see.

They are calling back 46 workers to the steel mill. Keep your fingers crossed for us. My husband is still looking at March, but at least they are calling them back.

Back
Top Bottom