Who is still waiting for their first egg?

Nicole01

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
MN
*raises hand* Me!!!

My oldest 3 are 20 weeks old tomorrow. I don't expect any from the brahma, but the RIR and EE can lay any day now. Both girls have very red combs and the RIR comb/wattles are very large.

Come on girls! I can't wait any longer....
tongue2.gif

Me but I think I still have a ways to go. My girls are 13 weeks today. They are Gold Comets and have very red combs but so far no real layer type behavior so I think I will have to sit on my hands for a bit longer.

Impatiently waiting - sigh. My girls will be 20 weeks old on friday. I've been giving them pep talks and they have been checking out the nesting boxes - but nothing yet. Come on girls lets get with it!
big_smile.png

My girls are BO's, about 16 weeks old. The roosters are actively doing there duty with them daily,no squatting behaviors noted and my hens won't even look at the nesting boxes! So *raised hand* Me!

Mine are 18 weeks old.....just witnessed the egg squat from my first, and most maturing RIR. I found a grasshopper, and tossed it to the chickens. She grabbed it, and ate it. I reached down to TRY and touch her, and she froze, squatted down, and kinda pushed her wings out. I picked her up with no resistance. THAT'S THE FIRST TIME I'VE EVER HELD THAT CHICKEN, OTHER THAN WHEN SHE WAS A WEEK OLD.
My family and I started a bet yesterday and each chose a date as to when the first egg will be laid. Everyone but me is totally discouraged and ready to give up on the chickens, so my guess was the soonest. I say by Aug 7th. I feel really comfortable with this date now, since I witnessed the squat tonight.

I got my first egg yesterday from my Ancona - just one day short of 23 weeks! My EE's & New Hampshire Red are at 23 weeks and still haven't laid an egg.

Not until the end of October for me! And I need to find a warmer coop for them by then. Or I won't get any eggs at all!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom