Who is teaching who around here?!?

Baumshell28

Songster
Apr 16, 2020
Gonzales (Baton Rouge), Louisiana
So, as y’all know, my girls started laying last month. I don’t care what the species is...you put 12 females together, you will end up with drama! First, all 12 would only use the OLD original wooden nest box that is original to the coop, wouldn’t even look inside the 3 expensive plastic boxes I purchased & installed. Ok, took em down, upcycled an old wooden shelf from the “shop” into a double nest box. Now the girls use 2 out of the 3 boxes: the original & the next closest box to it. I’m confident they’ll branch out another few inches again soon to make use of all 3. Or not, whatever floats their boat.
What I find absolutely HILARIOUS is this: for about the last 2 weeks I believe they’ve been trying to tell me that, “We get it, we know where to put our eggs now...would you please stop wasting precious nest space with your dumb fake egg?!?!?” Every Single Day when I collect eggs around noon, I find their beautiful nuggets tucked in exactly where they should be. What else do I find every day on my egg collection trips? The “Fake” egg...on the coop floor...directly where it seems to have been pushed out by some snotty hen trying to get her point across to me! Pahahaha!!!
*1st pic is where I find the dummy egg every day
*2nd pic is just me being bored & deciding to give my egg collection pail a bit of personality!

Attachments

• C8B52CAE-FAA1-4301-A3EA-16DFB282CEA6.jpeg
    C8B52CAE-FAA1-4301-A3EA-16DFB282CEA6.jpeg
    508.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 04706A63-E488-413E-9577-D072C7E64D14.jpeg
    04706A63-E488-413E-9577-D072C7E64D14.jpeg
    466.3 KB · Views: 19
So, as y’all know, my girls started laying last month. I don’t care what the species is...you put 12 females together, you will end up with drama! First, all 12 would only use the OLD original wooden nest box that is original to the coop, wouldn’t even look inside the 3 expensive plastic boxes I purchased & installed. Ok, took em down, upcycled an old wooden shelf from the “shop” into a double nest box. Now the girls use 2 out of the 3 boxes: the original & the next closest box to it. I’m confident they’ll branch out another few inches again soon to make use of all 3. Or not, whatever floats their boat.
What I find absolutely HILARIOUS is this: for about the last 2 weeks I believe they’ve been trying to tell me that, “We get it, we know where to put our eggs now...would you please stop wasting precious nest space with your dumb fake egg?!?!?” Every Single Day when I collect eggs around noon, I find their beautiful nuggets tucked in exactly where they should be. What else do I find every day on my egg collection trips? The “Fake” egg...on the coop floor...directly where it seems to have been pushed out by some snotty hen trying to get her point across to me! Pahahaha!!!
*1st pic is where I find the dummy egg every day
*2nd pic is just me being bored & deciding to give my egg collection pail a bit of personality!
Great story. I have “fake” eggs when the time comes. Of course I probably won’t have a clue when that is! Lol

Back
Top Bottom