Who is the cheapest on chicken aprons?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Lynette, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Lynette

Lynette Songster

All but 2 of my hens have bare patches on their backs because of my rooster. I want to try those aprons but they seem pricey. Has anyone here tried them and would you recommend them and where are they the cheapest, but also good quality?

2. NeeleysAVLChicks

NeeleysAVLChicks Songster

Aug 4, 2009
    Leicester, NC
    I would PM lovemychix here on BYC! Her aprons are incredibly reasonable (may be in fact the cheapest as well) and by far the highest quality I've found. She is a wonderful woman to work with as well, has a ton of cute prints and will ship them out super quick.

3. mccaff mama hen

mccaff mama hen Songster

Nov 18, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I agree with NeeleyAVLChicks. I just got my aprons from lovemychix, they are wonderful. Very well made. You will love them. Follow her directions about how and WHEN to put them on. I had quite the laugh yesterday when I put them on during the day, scared the rest of the flock [​IMG] they couldn't run away fast enough. Tried again last night and all is well today.

4. hipeatall

hipeatall Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    I also got aprons from lovemychix... They work great and my hens didn't mind them at all. She even custom made them for me in a tan bandana material. [​IMG]

5. shchinchillas

shchinchillas Chirping

Jul 8, 2010
    PA
    I also have to suggest luvmychix. I was a bit skeptical to get a hen apron. I wasn't sure if it would work, however after nursing a silkie hen back from a broken leg, and having her ripped apart by a silkie rooster I was willing to give it a try. She was VERY fast with shipping, and the best price I was able to find. She got back to me right away as well. I just spent 2 hours bathing "Hippity" and blow drying her so she would be nice and clean for her apron. I am crossing my fingers it will work. After all the hard work and Mr. Roo was harassing her, I think today was his last day of freedom. I seriously hate that stupid rooster, and I am sick of her being abused by him when the other roosters don't bother her.

anyway... Give luvmychix a try, she really was great to deal with. I think I may grab another one or two to keep on hand.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: