Who is your most Photogenic chicken?

Oh, was she a rescue? Mine were sold from my local feed store like that, unfortunately. I got a rescue a couple of years ago that her top beak had been done, though it was growing back (and is back now- she had the temporary debeak instead of the permanent).
Yup, I should have taken in more but I don’t have the room. Lucky hers grew back mine I think was cauterized so she looks a little doofy but she’s the sweetest and clingiest of the bunch.

Yup, I should have taken in more but I don’t have the room. Lucky hers grew back mine I think was cauterized so she looks a little doofy but she’s the sweetest and clingiest of the bunch.
Nice. Aren't rescues the best? Mine is wicked friendly too. She loves to follow me around, be underfoot when I'm working, and she'll come running to her own name. 🥰 My rescuer's name is Beth II and she was actually found on the side of a busy highway. My mom talked to her owner and he allowed her to bring her home. That poor bird stunk like no tomorrow, but she was worth it.

Nice. Aren't rescues the best? Mine is wicked friendly too. She loves to follow me around, be underfoot when I'm working, and she'll come running to her own name. 🥰 My rescuer's name is Beth II and she was actually found on the side of a busy highway. My mom talked to her owner and he allowed her to bring her home. That poor bird stunk like no tomorrow, but she was worth it.
Love a good rescue story I feel like rescues they love their new owner more if they are treated well.

Love a good rescue story I feel like rescues they love their new owner more if they are treated well.
I think that's definitely the case when I got Beth. Even while she was in quarantine, she'd pace her cage trying to get to me. I never had a hen, especially a new hen, do that to me unless they wanted treats or free range time. Beth was just doing it because she wanted to near me. I remember when she was finally able to go in with my flock, she was actually starting to follow me too much- to almost the point of annoyment. :lol:

I think that's definitely the case when I got Beth. Even while she was in quarantine, she'd pace her cage trying to get to me. I never had a hen, especially a new hen, do that to me unless they wanted treats or free range time. Beth was just doing it because she wanted to near me. I remember when she was finally able to go in with my flock, she was actually starting to follow me too much- to almost the point of annoyment. :lol:
Yeah mine flew through the window a couple of time to just hang out 🤦‍♀️

Yeah mine flew through the window a couple of time to just hang out 🤦‍♀️
Oh, wow, that's not good. My Beth isn't much of a flyer, thankfully. Sad thing about her, I could tell before I got her, she had never been on a perch before in her life and was used to filth. I had to train her to perch at night (which took a while!). She actually learned her name faster than she learned to perch. (Surprisingly, she's always on my top perch every night now.)

Oh, wow, that's not good. My Beth isn't much of a flyer, thankfully. Sad thing about her, I could tell before I got her, she had never been on a perch before in her life and was used to filth. I had to train her to perch at night (which took a while!). She actually learned her name faster than she learned to perch. (Surprisingly, she's always on my top perch every night now.)
Don’t worry the window is pretty much always open it’s to my enclosed patio😅. Poor bird glad she is in a way better place.

Cher my Polish, she's always ready for a photo

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1694737196231.jpg
    FB_IMG_1694737196231.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 7
  • FB_IMG_1694737190422.jpg
    FB_IMG_1694737190422.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 5
  • FB_IMG_1694737178682.jpg
    FB_IMG_1694737178682.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 6

Back