Who laid these eggs?

Any guesses on this egg?? What breed laid it. I have a rainbow flock.

Also think the green blue egg is cream leg bar
Amerucana or Easter egger??

Not too sure on the speckled one, but the green/blue one most likely came from an EE. Cream legbars eggs are more blue, I believe. It's hard to tell unless they're on a white background, but that would be my guess.

I have a Cochin that lays freckled eggs, but thats not saying much, freckles can also be caused by a nutrient problem, so that's also hard to guess without knowing exactly which breeds you have.

Thanks everyone. I'm glad all 3 are laying. I'm just waiting on my Ameraucana to start laying again, got about 10 more little ones that will start in the spring.

Green egg looks similar to my CL's. CL's lay blue to green, but the intensity is brighter, truer, than the EE as they have both blue genes rather than 1.

I can't compare to an Ameraucana as I have not had one yet. Unless your birds meet standard of perfection for Ameraucana and are one of the appropriate colors, chances are strong it is an EE.

But of course impossible to say for certain on a computer screen with no color hue comparison...white back ground is always good for that.

LofMc

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom