who likes to hatch eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by batorcrazzy, Jan 19, 2009.

1. batorcrazzy

batorcrazzy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2008
    kemp tx
    i would like to know how many people enjoy hatching eggs what kind of eggs and why that kind.i will start it by saying i hatch ducks and chickens and geese all my eggs are set and i sell my babies i have 13 dozen eggs set now i have 5 lgs and 1 sportsman incubators

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. miron28

miron28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    lenoir north carolina
    well i have a bad habit hatching chickens and i can't stop! the only eggs i have hatched is chickens because the eggs are free!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Yep...I love to hatch...mostly chickens plus a few call ducks now and then.

4. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I love to hatch! I hatch whatever breeds I think are nice to look at and have good personalities. On occasion I hatch for friends and neighbors [​IMG]

5. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    I was only going to hatch my first batch and that is all then this addiction set in and can't seem to stop hatching..but I think now after my silkies get here and I hatch them I got to stand back and see who is going where in my coop..I have a 5 section coop hubby built me and individual yards for each divided off..my rabbit occupies on pen..

6. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Love it, love it, love it. Growing with the addiction. Started with a homemade incubator. Just got a Hova-Bator. Thinking about growing into a cabinet model.

7. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Who doesnt?! i have only hatched chickens, bantys are fun to hatch [​IMG]

8. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Love it!!!

I've had 3 BBS orps hatch today (2 blues and 1 black). Still [​IMG] that the other 6 will hatch!!

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    My question is who doesn't like to hatch eggs? I have hatched chickens, large and bantam, ducks and quail. I hatch the breeds that I need more of, since it seems that most people in my area just breed chickens to get more chickens! Plus it's fun [​IMG]

10. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    This is my first attempt at hatching and I'm fast becoming addicted. If this first hatch goes well then I'm sunk for sure, my bator will never be empty. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by