Who Needs A Feeder Anyway?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chook-A-Holic, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    This is what I was thinking when I went out yesterday morning. After filling the feeder the night before I forgot to put the lid on the can where I store the feed. The girls took advantage of this and were taking turns getting into the can and eating instead of eating out of their feeder. I couldn't help but laugh though, made my day.

[​IMG]

2. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]

where there is a will there is a way!

[​IMG]

3. Every morning I take the lid off the poultry grain and take some to the feeder and some I throw on the floor.

I have a baby polish about 10 weeks that I find in the feed pecking away and I have to extract her and then of course feed her in a separate place.

Yep, the little heathens eh?

4. Cockadoodledon't

Cockadoodledon't Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And people say chickens are dumb.

5. chickenmum

chickenmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    It's funny how a little round chicken fits so perfectly in a bag a feed!
    P. S. I have found mine in goat feed!

6. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I too have found my precious, well mannered, perfect little ladies acting like pigs in the feed bin from time to time. Usually when I'm unduly late in getting out there to feed them! Oh, and don't even mention the dogs bowl of food! [​IMG] Poor dog. You know it's bad when you have to stand guard over your food dish just so that you'll get a taste of your breakfast! [​IMG]

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Smart girls! Very cute pic. The chicken on the right looks like she's saying "uh oh - Busted!"

8. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    no way buff.... that one is saying.... "ok, now that we've got them distracted... Elanor, Ezra, and Ely go sneak in the kitchen and bring us back the good stuff."

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    and this reminded me of today when I went out to feed everyone and I had just gotten new bags of feed and I had them in a wagon cart (one of those ones made to haul your trash cans to the end of the driveway...) and I was opening the bag and one of the fattest meaties jumped up on the side...barely made it, but made it... that was funny.

I think I'll name him, "Sunday night supper." ha ha...good boy.

10. Tonopah Pati

Tonopah Pati Rest in Peace 1938-2011

Mar 24, 2009
    Tonopah, Arizona
    My girls knock on the back door. They want me to feed them. Company can't believe it, That my Dogs and cat knock on the door. NOW THE CHICKENS.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by