Who read about the Butter Ball Raid in N.C?

D'Angelo N Va.

Songster
10 Years
Dec 28, 2009
I got an e-mail about the Butter Ball raid in N.C and was furious. Did anyone read this?? I saw the video and it almost made me cry. How can ppl. Be so cruel to a helpless bird or anything??

I didn't get an e-mail but I saw the video and it was HORRIFIC! They were like eating the others, I can't believe we ever bought those, I just want to kick them and grab them by their necks!
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
Man I wish I could help but I don't live where I can
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Last edited:
I went into the grocery store today and saw some frozen ones and couldn't help but wonder how they had been treated.

I raise my own. Haven't bought store bought in years. Mine are happy free ranging. I'm not bragging but, I think I have the best turkey sausage around.

Just watched the video. Not pretty. While I in no way condone the actions of the people I saw in the video, I take the source with a HUGE grain of salt. I personally don't trust these "Animal Welfare" groups as far as I can throw them. Is some of the footage staged? I wouldn't put it past them. Some of the damage may well be a result of toms fighting amongst themselves.

Still, nothing condones what is done in the video, good animal husbandry (even in an intensive system) can't behave like that.

Back
Top Bottom