Who takes their chickens for a walk round the suburbs?!

Codyandme1

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 24, 2011
I know you can get harneses for parrots,ferrets, dogs and cats but who has ever actually taken a chicken for a walk!?and is it a bad idea?any opinions!?
D.gif

When my rooster was young he used to follow me every where. One day I went ahead and let him follow me to the en of the drive to meet the bus.

All was fine until the bus took off and scared him. Then he ran into the road and across and hid in the sticker bushes across the street. Bad idea.

I take my chickens for walks around the yard. They follow me no problem. I don't think I'd take them out of the yard though, too many dogs, cars, etc. I could probably take my silkie in a stroller no problem though. I took her to a parade and she sat in one side of our double stroller the whole time. I wouldn't try it with any of my others though.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

When my rooster was young he used to follow me every where. One day I went ahead and let him follow me to the en of the drive to meet the bus.

All was fine until the bus took off and scared him. Then he ran into the road and across and hid in the sticker bushes across the street. Bad idea.

And that is why the chicken cross the road folks!​

Lol
yuckyuck.gif

But do u think if ur chicken was really tame and in a harness of some sought do u think maybe it could work?

I don't live in the suburbs,but I don't think I would 'walk' my chickens through a neighborhood... Seems a little weird. And the STROLLER thing is REALLY weird (not to offend anyone,I'm a lil' weird myself) Mine follow my dog 'Cajun'and I all over the property on their own.'I'm not sure if its the dog they like or me!
big_smile.png

Mine follow me in the yard when they think I have a treat. So cute have 8 chase you!

I would not cruise the roads with one,or put one in the stroller like I have seen some do with little dogs. LOL,cute and all but not for me. I bet a little dog harness would fit.

People putting dogs in strollers, ugh! No wonder their dogs are so fat however exceptions are for handicapped dogs or frail or elderly that can not take long walks, that is perfectly acceptable. But dressing them? come on!

No, I would not take my chickens for a walk because of high traffic of walking dogs. Too much for the temptation for the dog to get away from the owner, particuarly for huskies and pits which it is very common around here.

That is the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I wouldn't do it even if it wasn't weird because I need my chickens to stay within their boundaries. If I started taking them out of the yard they'd wander out on their own which is bad. However if you had a house chicken, special-needs chicken or whatnot that didn't live a normal chicken life to begin with, I don't know why you couldn't take it for a walk.

Back
Top Bottom