Who took her?

hlhutchinson

Songster
5 Years
Aug 26, 2015
Casper Wyo
IMG_7452.JPG
our chickens are about 6-7 weeks old let them in a fenced spot still getting included coop and run finished, they were out all morning no probelem areound 12 went to store came back and only 3 chicken and not 4. No sign of foul plays no feathers nothing just plane missing. What cloud have taken her? I'm just sick :( this is a photo of where they were

If that fence isn't at least 6 inches underground get that fixed! Also, I'm not trying to be mean hear but, you have no covering over your run!!! What most definitely happened was a hawk came down, scooped up a chicken/pullet and brought it to all his/her hawk babies. I'm so very sorry for your loss but everything in nature needs to eat!

Sorry again,
Loudawg11

If that fence isn't at least 6 inches underground get that fixed! Also, I'm not trying to be mean hear but, you have no covering over your run!!! What most definitely happened was a hawk came down, scooped up a chicken/pullet and brought it to all his/her hawk babies. I'm so very sorry for your loss but everything in nature needs to eat!

Sorry again,
Loudawg11

Sorry again,
Loudawg11
Thanks
We have never seen hawks in the neighborhood so we were hoping that the run would be ok not to be covered and just keep the coop covered. Looks like we have leaned the hard way

Yeah just this afternoon I saw a hawk circling above our covered chicken coop even though nobody in our neighborhood had ever seen a hawk too. They come to where the food is even in a city! (I don't live in a city but my friend does and his neighbor had a rabbit killed by a hawk)

Yay!!! So happy you found her! I thought she definitely was scooped up by a hawk but I was wrong! You should still cover your coop and run with poultry wire (My personal recommendation) or some other kind of hawk proof covering.

Back
Top Bottom