Who wants to help me pick my weddings bridesmaid dresses and color?

Quote:
Awe, thank you! The shear fact that you would be willing to do that if you were closer just makes me smile.
Again, thank you.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Veto the strapless. Too risky and looks good an too few women.

As for color two things. One is overall scheme you are seeking, the other and almost as important is the look of your bridesmaids. Their skin tone and coloring should count, as the wrong color on the wrong skin ends up looking awful.

My maid of honor was dark complected and my bridesmaids were both very pale. Kind of worked out, I chose a darker shade for her to complement her skin tone and size and a different tone for the others to match theirs. You may be able to force them to wear whatever you like, but if they look bad it isn't worth it. Look honestly at the women who will attend you and choose colors and styles that will flatter them - it will better flatter you.

Alright, thank you
big_smile.png

If we end up going with a lighter color, then the two paler ones will get tans, we already talked about it, now were just trying to decide on what color were actually going with.​

Quote:
Yeah, i swear the flowers can cost sooo much!
hmm.png

Your so right about the cost of flowers. Even at wholesale prices It would cost at least 600.00 for the flowers to do a wedding. Of course that will be a knock your socks bunch of wedding flowers.

PS I love to play with the flowers when someone else buys them.
ya.gif

Quote:
Yeah, i swear the flowers can cost sooo much!
hmm.png

Your so right about the cost of flowers. Even at wholesale prices It would cost at least 600.00 for the flowers to do a wedding. Of course that will be a knock your socks bunch of wedding flowers.

ya.gif

Oh god the flowers are horribly expensive...

Quote:

ya.gif

Yeah...we ended up having the florist only do the boutonnieres and bouquets. We wiped Costco out of their fresh flower arrangements the morning of the wedding, and did all of that ourselves...

Quote:

Yeah...we ended up having the florist only do the boutonnieres and bouquets. We wiped Costco out of their fresh flower arrangements the morning of the wedding, and did all of that ourselves...

Well there is an idea
big_smile.png

love.gif
Your dress is SOOO Gorgeous! You too!
big_smile.png
You did such a great job picking that dress... Since I've watched all the episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" I think I'm qualified to voice an opinion
lol.png
It's just a perfect dress for you. I love those lacy straps and I love the sparkles
big_smile.png

As a bigger bossomed gal... I would def still stay with #2. I have worn dresses of that style and they have looked better on me than most others
smile.png

The roucheing (sp?) especially... or pleating.. whatever it is.. on the bosom area, will help her out a lot. Theres more for a seamstress to work with there and they can adjust that area a bit to cover her in a flattering way
smile.png

One thing that might be hard for her.. if she doesen't already have the right one... is finding a bra that will support well and yet not show with a dress.. as in the bigger sizes they often make them with thicker straps and whatnot. I found one that was perfect for that kind of thing... in Target of all places (I'd looked at VS and others even). I think it was a "Gloria O'malley" maybe? They have them there in bigger sizes. The one I had supported by the band around the chest, it was a STRONG band with elastic and it was bigger than other bands. It was actually a relief to have the weight held up there instead of off my poor shoulders for once, LOL. It came with teeny tiny straps that could change to the clear straps or no straps at all. It didn't matter much because there wasn't any weight on the straps.

Back
Top Bottom