Who wants to play: 'help the idiot who bought an assortment'? please?

chellebyerly

Songster
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Jasper Texas
These are 21 days old. I bought 2 seperate assortment packages. I got the standard bantam assortment. and the frizzle bantam assortment. four of each.

They were straitrun.which means with my luck I got 8 roosters.

here are the pics.

#1 This is a light grey chick, no feathers on feet, grey legs, very light grey feathers, with some darker splatters.
seems pretty tall, long legs..
23414_whitechick1.jpg

#2 this is a brown and black chick. the feathers are brown and black. with some tan around the ears. Thick yellow legs. and much bigger than the other bantams. Head is brown.

23414_brownchick2b.jpg

23414_brownchick2.jpg

# 3 this one is yellow, but is getting in brown wing feathers, with some black/dark brown and tan. yellow legs and feathers on the feet (it could be my other frizzle, but I dont know...)
23414_whitebrownchick3.jpg

23414_whitebrownchick3b.jpg

#4 Grey chick. no leg feathers. small stature, very smooth body, almost dove like. clean grey legs.
23414_greychick4.jpg

#5 Yellow chick. I assume its a frizzle, but not frizzled (one in 4 isnt... so I got that PERFECT! Murphy hates me...) feathers on feet.
23414_yellerchickfrizzle5.jpg

23414_yellerchickfrizzle5b.jpg

#6 chick Yellow with brown feathers white tips. Yellow on chest, with brown stripes . feathers on feet. well frizzled.
23414_brownfrizzle6.jpg

# 7 Yellow chick, with whiter feathers coming in. feathered feet, well frizzled.
23414_whitefrizzlechick7.jpg

and #8
Just a black chick, frizzled well, feathers on feet quite long ones.
23414_blackfrizzle8.jpg

23414_blackfrizzle8b.jpg

Thank you for any help you can give me. Couriosity is killing me and I cant wait until they are months old to compare them to every picture on the net to fiqure it out! LOL

OH and if any are just glarengly a rooster. Please let me know. That way I dont get attached...
smile.png

Most of those look like roos to me. The feather footed ones are
Cochins of various colors. The rest are hard to tell.

i'm pretty sure that 8 and maybe 3 are roosters, but i'm not sure. i've only learned how to tell the difference from this site!
thats all i know.

sonoran silkies: Thank you
smile.png
every little bit helps!
smile.png
LOL My kids and family are always asking "what kind are they?" and saying "chickens" doesnt amuse them....

Purple chicken and the duck crew. So we are fairly certain # 3 is a roo.

#'s 2, 6 and 8, are more than likely roosters. I guess it could be worse with my luck, so I wont whine too much.
I'll be sure to keep that updated.
smile.png
thanks!

Did you just get that from the combs? or is there something else I am missing?

Thanks y'all!!

and keep the guesses coming!!

1.Modern game splash pullet
2.??? maybe golden laced wyandotte ?????
3.???? partridge maybe ????
4.modern or old english game blue pullet
5.D'uccle ??? pullet
6.red cochin pullet
7.white cochin cockerel
8.black cochin cockerel

Back
Top Bottom