who wants to support 4H chickens in Little Canada, MN?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Juliowsjl, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Juliowsjl

Juliowsjl New Egg

Feb 1, 2016
    I believe little canada is one of the last city within the metro to withstand the ban chicken and other small poultry. I am moving there April and wants to have a couple chicks or hens maybe homing pigeons too. Does anyone know or anyone live there is willing to support this idea? If we can get this city to submit i think the metro is going to be a great place for all 4H poultry because we all can move anywhere and dont have to worry about being evicted, plus i am sure we all have friends and family all over the metro area.

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Definitely post on your Minnesota state thread in Raising BackYard Chickens on Where Am I? Where Are You! under the Forum at the top of the page. Hopefully some other BYC members in your area will support 4h chickens with you. Cheers.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Good luck to you, I hope it works out in your favor!

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi, welcome and good luck!

All the best
    CT

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

7. doc637

doc637 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2016
    Welcome to BYC! I wanted to take a moment to say this is a great place to find support and I wish you the best of luck. You might check in with your state thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1052702/surviving-minnesota and see if you can drum up some locals or semi-locals to support your cause. I would also recommend stopping by https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them , as you may be able to find what other's have done in their fight against local laws. Thank you for joining us and if you would- keep us updated on your journey. Best wishes.

Doc

8. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    It seems like you've gotten some good advice so I will just say welcome to BYC! I wish you the best of luck.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hope things swing in your behalf.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by