Who waves to other drivers?

I wave to all the people I pass,whether or not they wave back. 90% of them do wave back,but we are getting the "Better Than You" people up here.I miss the ol' days where everyone was generally polite to each other,on top of knowing each other.Neighbor helping neighbor.Thats how I grew up,but I guess those days are gone.
sad.png
Thank God for BYC and it's members.
big_smile.png
Freindly people trying to help each other.

Last edited:
The Corvette owners club has a motto to "Save the Wave". You will almost always see corvette drivers waving to each other. Its a sign of solidarity held over from the time when Vetteʻs were notorious for breaking down along the road.

Here in Hawaii, almost all the kamaʻaina (long term residents) give the "shaka" to one another along the road. Its the little finger and thumb extended. Surfers call it "Hang Loose", but it started with a railroad employee who only had those two fingers due to an accident waiving to people along the way.

Yep, I wave!
frow.gif

I have also noticed that the folks who drive the hummers and otherspendy vehicles tend to be more snobbish, and not wave....
barnie.gif

I wave sometimes specially when someone lets me cut in line or lets me out to cross over. Which is a big help since I drive a tank of a suv. Plus I notice when we are on the harley 90% of the time the riders wave to each other.

We call that the "country wave"
wink.png

It goes along with the "country name". I am a farm inspector for a very rural area of Colorado and I get a call one day from a lady, let's call her Donna, about a complaint. Well half way into the conversation "Donna" says "Hey, why don't you just call me "Polka Dot", EVERYONE calls me Polka Dot.

Then we needed to call a well guy to come take a look at our well pump and his name was "Shorty". He's like 105 years old, hand shook like a leaf in a stiff breeze, and he drove about 40 miles just to come help us.

So, Ok Polka Dot and Shorty...from then on we all had to get "country names" and we all had to give the "country wave".

I'm Bubbles, pleased to meet cha!
frow.gif

God I love it here!
love.gif

It's kinda funny really....I live in backwoods Arkansas. As far as I knew, everyone waved to everyone else. But, my house is built in a new "Subdivision" (tell me how you have a subdivision in the sticks?????) and a good portion of the people in this area WON'T wave...act like it would break their arm off. On the main highway sometimes I wave, sometimes I don't....just depends on how much attention I am paying. Once I am actually in town I wave if someone lets me cut in, if I am letting someone else cut in, or if I am sitting at a light and happen to look over and make eye contact with the person next to me (that always feels so strange) I then actually just nod and smile.

I live in a small town of 5-10 people. I always wave and the few times that I don't, for whatever reason, I usually hear about it from them down the road. "why didn't you wave at me are you mad?".

Back
Top Bottom