Who waves to other drivers?

All the men wave here. Women, not so much.

Had a boss that if he saw you on the street, he would lean out of his window and yell something.......he was nuts--and a great boss.

For a real trip, when I go into stores or parking lots, I say "hi" to total strangers just to see their looks. Some light up, smile and say "hi" back and some look down and walk faster......

For some, you get into a small exchange of great day to be alive, etc........

Grew up in Colorado- Greeley- everyone waved. Its was not a tiny town but it seemed like my family knew everyone anyways so we always waved and even chatted with people at stoplights and such. Same thing in Pueblo where my grandparent are.

When we moved to Denver it was no one waved, even my neighbors. Now in NC EVERYONE waves. Even people I do not know!! We live in Chapel hill and its not the capital but is isnt tiny. We have found out that if you do not wave it is an insult so we are waving fools now!!

Quote:
It's more of a low key wave. Cool is the word. Bikes stay balanced by themselves at speeds over 10mph or so.

j/k ...... haha

I wave quite often here and others wave as well, but I must admit to this very very odd habit I have. I swear I think I need counseling for this one..... I have an overpowering urge when someone pulls up beside me at a light to look over and stick my tongue out at them..... I do it sometimes.
lol.png

The urge is real bad when I'm driving the company vehicle. I have to FOCUS!
wink.png

Quote:
hennypenny9,
Waving and honking stopped in Seattle with the rash of road rage several years ago.
Our reserved attitute had absolutely nothing to do with it.
wink.png

Back in the 80's several friends and I would wink at people in the cars around us. NEVER had a bad reaction, all smiles and giggles.

Imp-aloofly

Back
Top Bottom