Who will have bantam cochin hatching eggs this spring?

Thanks, Kellie--do you have any pics??
wink.png

thank you.
smile.png
actually in that pic the hen is a splash and the frizzle butt behind her is blue. my blues r solid drk blue. i'll look see if i can find a blue one to post a pic for ya. can't remember if my site i put blue pics up or not.

bluebell doesn't quite look like my blues i was just trying to figure that out. he maybe actualy more of an adalusion blue cuz don't quite look splash either unless he is from a mixed color flock.

in this pic woody is the blue frizzled rooster. the smooth dark girl beside him to the right is a black girl and the others r all splash smooths and frizzles around them and next pen over. all the others r hideing not all r pictured. forgive woody poor guy was moulting,lol but that shows ya how dark my blues r. they r solid drk blue urs has a ligher blue under coat i've never seen that on mine. urs looks more self blue or andalusion blue to me but i don't know if cochins come in those colors or not.

HPIM3051.jpg

Bluebell is unusual and so is Rusty! I think that's why I'm having a hard time pinning a color on them. It'll be interesting to see what they look like after their first molt!

Poor Woody--he does look just a bit "plucked." I love his comb!

Hey Hooterville, Im in West Virginia too! I have black and blue mottled from Jamie Matts
100_2954.jpg

and columbians from Tom Roebuck
100_2923.jpg

100_1990.jpg

It might be worth it for you to make a little trip to assure a nice hatch.

Last edited:
Hey, msbear!
I've looked at your BYC page and didn't realize you had mottled cochins, too. They are beauties!

Rusty and Bluebell are unusual colors--I'm not sure yet which way I'm wanting to go. I'm wondering what Bluebell over mottled blues would "create?" I really need to brush up on my genetics.

Ahh! Now I have so many choices! But that's a good thing!
wink.png

TTYL
Becky

I just got them on Friday so I haven't updated my page yet. Yes, you do have a lot of fine choices. Bantam cochins are a wonderful breed and I think once you go cochin, you don't come back
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom