Whole flock gone

Hello. I am looking to see of anyone might have a clue to our mystery. Yesterday evening we went out to the coop to collect eggs and all 12 hens and our 1 rooster were dead in the coop. None of them in the run. They were all on one side of the coop and it was the strangest thing. No indication of a predator. They're all different ages, the oldest being 3 years and the youngest not even a year.

They had stopped laying for several months, so we added in black sunflower oil seeds, all stock sweet feed, and catfish food pellets. Within 2 days they started laying again. This was a little over a week ago. My thought initially is if it were poison, then wouldn't they be scattered through out the run and the coop?..and they all died the same afternoon... any thoughts?

It's where you grind the corn Cobb with the corn
Well, that's a new one I've not heard yet.

Still not sure why this thread keeps popping up to the top and getting revisited.

The thread is going on 10 days old now, the OP has not been on in 10 days and without diagnostics or an update from the OP, there's no way to know what happened.

Hello. I am looking to see of anyone might have a clue to our mystery. Yesterday evening we went out to the coop to collect eggs and all 12 hens and our 1 rooster were dead in the coop. None of them in the run. They were all on one side of the coop and it was the strangest thing. No indication of a predator. They're all different ages, the oldest being 3 years and the youngest not even a year.

They had stopped laying for several months, so we added in black sunflower oil seeds, all stock sweet feed, and catfish food pellets. Within 2 days they started laying again. This was a little over a week ago. My thought initially is if it were poison, then wouldn't they be scattered through out the run and the coop?..and they all died the same afternoon... any thoughts?
My thought would also be some type of air pollution. Either the ammonia or cabon dioxide if the coop wasn't ventilated properly. Otherwise, I have no clue. That is hard to explain because even if something attacked them I couldn't imagine it killing all of them in a small location and not eating any of them. I hope you figure it out!

Back
Top Bottom