Whoo hoo 5 chicks hatched!*pics**

Quote:
around 45-50% days 1-18 then around 65% for days 19-21 but it rose a bit when they started hatching
smile.png

Thanks, that's good to know because those are the percentages that I had down to use when I start incubating with my Genesis 1533's.

Ooops! I double checked. The directions I found somewhere and copied said:
Forced Air Incubators - Fan, or Circulated Air
Days 1-18 - Temperature 99.5-99.75F; Humidity 50-55% R.H.
Days 19-21 - Temperature 99.5-99.75; Humidity 60-70% R.H.

It's good to know that I won't have to worry if the humidity goes down to 45% the first eighteen days. I'll try to keep it at 50% for days 1-18 and 65% the last three days.
This has been a very informative and exciting thread.

Keep the pictures coming.

Last edited:
Quote:
Mine hatched day 23..they were a lil late due to low temps... but i candled them about day 22 to see if they were still alive..had to look for movment in the air cell..and heard cheeping
big_smile.png

So it doesnt hurt them to candle them at such a late stage? I was afraid of picking the egg up. Man, I hope I get this chicken raising stuff figured out soon! Thanks to all who help poor pitifuls like me on here!!

Yea i only candled as a last thing b4 i threw them out...most were alive... but i left the ones that werent moveing just incase they were asleep.. or hadnt pipped into the air cell yet.

Quote:
Me? i got the eggs from someone in Victoria Australia..cause i live in Australia..

Back
Top Bottom