Who's all ready for fall?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FluffyColor, Jul 5, 2010.

1. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    I am! After I get the last of my poultry for the season, I just want to fast forward to autumn. Who cares if it means going back to school and all those boring exams and an even harder teacher? I just got back from watering the chicks for the THIRD TIME TODAY!They're barely eating anything, but drinking up a storm. They manage to get dirty shavings into their water too, so I have to muck the water bowl out. [​IMG] I can't begin to imagine drinking water like that, but I worry about them at night. They usually need a water change every 3-4 hours, and yesterday they were scared of the fireworks, so now they're stressed and drinking even more. And these same people that were up playing with sticks of dynamite at 2:30 in the morning scaring poor little chicks and their owners, are going to be complaining about those chickens squawking or crowing. "I'm so stressed, they start making noise at 5:30 in the morning!" Yeah,what about your dogs that start barking at four, your cockatiel that starts to twitter at three-thirty, or when your drunk son was trying to blow his fingers off with a stick of dynamite at two?
    Anyway, I'm tired of having to water those chicks five times a day. I am so anxious for fall, I already have a Halloween costume idea. (That's pretty rare [​IMG]) I'm just tired of the constant-drinking chicks, the ice-cream truck perfect with a nice twist cone with sprinkles and hot fudge that I can't get, and the days so hot I'm close to fainting.

For now, I've taken up reading threads from November and December- Makes me feel cooler [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm not ready for Autumn, but I am already fed up with this 100+ degree Fahrenheit weather. I'm giving fresh cold water three times a day, and everything is still miserable.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'm not ready yet..still working on a tan. [​IMG]
    Even though i love Fall...i get sad when its here because i know that winter is coming soon! [​IMG]

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I'm ready for fall, but it's for a whole different reason. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Fall around here means everything turns brown. I hate brown.

6. Sweet Violet

Sweet Violet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Vista CA
    I hear that the east coast is going through a heat wave but here in Southern CA we haven't even put shorts on yet. I wore a sweatshirt all day today and went and put a blanket on the bed last night.
    uggghhhh

7. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    No, no, NO! Not at all ready for fall, are you crazy? I'm still thanking my lucky stars that winter is over and can't believe it's already July.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You are on the coast!!! Up here in Hesperia, it has been triple digits for the better part of two weeks now. 103 yesterday, 98 today.

9. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    I know I'm ready!! We've had temps around 98 with the heat index of 110-115. I don't even wanna think about what it's going to be like in August!! [​IMG]

Missi

10. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Tell me about it!

I think we should start a Countdown to fall, (Even though fall for me starts September 2nd....you guessed it.... SCHOOL (ugh)!

I'm just totally fed up with this 120-degree weather!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by