Who's all ready for fall?

Quote:
Mine too. I prefer spring here. It is a constant 70-72 degrees with a mild breeze and clear skies. PERFECT weather. The rest of the year the wind blows so hard around here one may wonder how one continues standing.

The cooler weather will be welcome also the reduction in landscaping work ( once the leaves are dealt with) will be great. Sadly they are building homes 300 feet behind mine and when the fall comes I loose my cover, they will see everything. Free ranging is illegal in my dopey little town of Sanford nc. Id love to sell and go. The girls will have to stay in their runs till spring.
They haave more restriction on keepng chickens than buying pistols, not that I'm for restrictive gun laws, theres just too much bias against chickens. If it were the identical situiation with Parrots there would be nothing said. GRRRRR!

My Okra and Southern Peas are blooming, and so are the peanuts. The tomatoes and eggplants are producing, and the hot peppers are laden with fruit, and, for the first time in years, I have stayed ahead of the weeds.
The chickens also have a better diet, in the summer, so, no, I am not ready for fall.

Last edited:
NY I love because these "heat waves" are temporary. Our heat index was up to 110* yeasterday. Florida sees that often, NY, not so much. Get the heat wave over and then I'll like summer here. We usually have lovely 80* days and 60* nights. Perfect. Fall is cool, but I work for a school so that would mean I have to go back to work. NAH!
tongue.png

Not me, it just started getting hot here in Ohio, We even had to turn the furnace on in the camper the other night on our camping trip! So no I'm just not ready! Not by a long shot!

Back
Top Bottom