Who's been hurt making their coop/run?

My son and I had chicken wire scratches and purple thumbs from being wacked by hammers but no ER trips so I guess we were lucky.

Quote:
Your right about the slower part, lost me with the more connected with what you build. Must be a Zen master.
lol.png

Hardware cloth got me too. Jabbed my finger the edge of the wire and it went in about 1/2 inch. When I pulled it out my finger was dripping blood pretty good. Really freaked my 8 yr old daughter out. Nothing that a little direct pressure didn't cure though. My wife is super nervous with me using the circular saw though because I tend to be a clutz.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Exactly what happened with the hammer & thumb. My 5yo was running his mouth to me & WHAM!! OWWW!!! It's on my list of lessons learned while building my coop
wink.png

My husband didn't hurt himself but he shot a nail into his dad's knee. Luckily it didn't go in more than a 1/2 inch into the soft part. No ER trip needed.

Quote:
Your right about the slower part, lost me with the more connected with what you build. Must be a Zen master.
lol.png

Yes.. I am the Zen Carpenter.... Now.. Chant we me.... Oooooooowwwwwwmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... bwaak bwaaak!

zen-carpenter.jpg

wink.png

I was so proud of myself, my wife was just beaming! I decided to
celebrate with a few beers and that turned in to more than a few,
and, well, things got out of hand and I fell out of a yard chair and
hurt my bad knee. Does this count?
jim

Last edited:
nothing that bad happened to me when i was building, just a few hammers to the finger nail, but my dad was cutting the hardware cloth for the run and he slipped and it jabbed him in the finger to the bone then the next day it was so swollen and hurt so bad he went to the hospital and they cave him a tetness ((sp?)) shot but its better now and he still build coops
smile.png

EDT: spelling

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom