1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who's bought from efowl.com?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Casper101Popcor, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Casper101Popcor

Casper101Popcor Chillin' With My Peeps

I was wondering who had both from efowl.com, and if you had a good experience with it. I was going to get chicks from there, so i would like to know all about it!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. Nupe

Nupe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2014
    Georgia
    Are you talking about efowl.com?

3. Casper101Popcor

Casper101Popcor Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, I'm talking about fowl.com

4. cindydintn1

cindydintn1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2015
    Why buy from them? They are sure proud of their turkey eggs. I recommend Cackle (MO), Meyer (OH) or Ideal (TX).

5. Nupe

Nupe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2014
    Georgia
    efowl is just a drop shipper who has both bulk deals going with most of the big hatcheries around and the post office for cheap shipping. They also have a bad reputation on this site. I found it out after I used them. I'm guessing their sister's cousin's uncle's best friend made their initial website for cheap. Whoever did it used Google pictures to depict breeds and some of the best google pictures came from posts on BYC. You could imagine how feathers got ruffled when people started noticing their own photos when they had no permission to use them and it was basically false advertising since the chickens didn't come from them. Now they just use drawings.

Anyway, I ordered 15 chickens around May and they were shipped in mid June. I wouldn't want to receive them any later than that, it's getting too hot. The chickens were healthy. Because of how I ordered, I got 3 extras and they all lived, (until I ate the mean rooster.) From the shipping location, I'm pretty sure they came from Cackle. If I had ordered from Cackle directly, I would have paid more than double just for shipping.

6. cindydintn1

Mar 24, 2015
    I'm all for cheaper shipping. Fortunately for me I got some chicks (7) that hatched on 6/23/15 and I'm so proud, even if they are all mutts. (crossbreeds) I think they will lay well and be tasty, to say the least. They are just adorable right now! I have more eggs that I bought off of ebay going into the incubator today and tomorrow.

That the poop on my coop!

7. Dramaqueen21888

Dramaqueen21888 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2015
    I found eBay to be the cheapest. And you can look at the reviews from other people before you buy from that seller

8. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I haven't bought from eBay yet, but I look a lot! :) And if you ask the seller for their website/Facebook info they usually will give it to you. Then you can investigate them further and see more of their animals and how they keep them.

9. cindydintn1

Mar 24, 2015
    I've bought a lot on eBay this summer.

10. LeviS

LeviS Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    North Dakota
    I've had several orders from efowl, and i'm always pleased. I've had 3 orders of call ducks, an order of buff orpingtons, and an order of asst. guinea keets. I think in all the orders, there was only 1 call duck dead upon arrival. (and that was back when they had a 6 duck minimum, now it's 15) Though they have bee a bit stingy with extras, I've received one extra call duck lol.

My chief complaint with them is there ETA. For all of my orders, except for my guinea order, I've been notified long after they've arrived..that they've shipped. For the guineas, I ordered them on a Friday and that following Monday I received an email they were shipped and they arrived Wednesday...so that was a pleasant surprise.

As far as quality, they're the same as any other hatchery stock birds. Some of the calls with have slightly longer bills and seem a tish larger than what they should seem. But overall I'm really pleased with them.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by