Who's Brooding?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bleenie, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Does anyone else have a broody setting eggs currently or soon?

I currently have 6 broodies setting eggs in the broody house & another Scovy hen working on a nest in the main house.

1 Wyandotte/OE mix (chicken eggs)
    1 Buff Wyandotte Hen (Scovy eggs)
    1 Scovy Hen (Scovy eggs)
    - All due April 11th

1 Buff Wyandotte Hen (Blue Wyandotte Eggs from a BYC'er)
    - Due April 17th

1 Muscovy Hens (Scovy eggs)
    - Due April 18th

1 Muscovy Hen (Scovy Eggs)
    -Due April 28th

I have some chicks currently hatching in the incubator as well and plan on setting about 40 more when they're all hatched out =)

Inside the broody house: This was an old playhouse converted to a coop about 10 years ago, but this year it's used only for the broody girls.
    [​IMG]

Of course the Mixed girl had to be different! I have been calling her "Oscar" since she went broody(that's a garbage can lid she's in), lol.
    [​IMG]

2. justin24

justin24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    memphis tn
    i think my cochin hen is thinking about it so will see but i have 4 eggs that are devolping fine in the incubator so i going to have a 4 out of 4 hatch rate which is good today is day 17

3. Remudamom

Remudamom Chillin' With My Peeps

One of my silkies is setting, but only two eggs. I'd been giving them to a friend for her incubator but let hen keep two. We're on day 14.

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

The 31 I have in the incubator should all hatch, I just candled them on Sunday and they all looked good, even though I had trouble on day 16 with temp spikes [​IMG]

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Anyone else have broodies right now?

6. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    My Silver laced W just hatched her first 2 babies couple of days ago. I have a Black Buff Orp sat on 2 eggs but she keeps getting off for at least an hour at a time to sunbath!

7. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    My last BO started settin the 27th. She acted like she was earlier but didn't. So I go buy an incubator and now she does go broody. I put 4 eggs under her and the one of hers is coming out so she will be on 4 eggs.

8. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    I really dont want a broody, ive got 23 call ducks & 12 Indian runner duck eggs in my bater dont want anymore lol...

9. lucyboo

lucyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    I have a broody barred rock hen (Robin) and she has 12 eggs under her. She went broody 4 days ago but we dont have a rooster so we had to wait to buy fertile eggs until today!!!! Good luck.
    <3 kelsey

10. xChickiex

xChickiex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2012
    east tn
    I have a mallard who is broody, she is setting 5 of her own and 1 mixed chicken(originally put in there to show her that was her nest). She is getting extremely fussy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by