Who's Brooding?

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
Does anyone else have a broody setting eggs currently or soon?

I currently have 6 broodies setting eggs in the broody house & another Scovy hen working on a nest in the main house.

1 Wyandotte/OE mix (chicken eggs)
1 Buff Wyandotte Hen (Scovy eggs)
1 Scovy Hen (Scovy eggs)
- All due April 11th

1 Buff Wyandotte Hen (Blue Wyandotte Eggs from a BYC'er)
- Due April 17th

1 Muscovy Hens (Scovy eggs)
- Due April 18th

1 Muscovy Hen (Scovy Eggs)
-Due April 28th

I have some chicks currently hatching in the incubator as well and plan on setting about 40 more when they're all hatched out =)

Inside the broody house: This was an old playhouse converted to a coop about 10 years ago, but this year it's used only for the broody girls.

Of course the Mixed girl had to be different! I have been calling her "Oscar" since she went broody(that's a garbage can lid she's in), lol.

i think my cochin hen is thinking about it so will see but i have 4 eggs that are devolping fine in the incubator so i going to have a 4 out of 4 hatch rate which is good today is day 17

The 31 I have in the incubator should all hatch, I just candled them on Sunday and they all looked good, even though I had trouble on day 16 with temp spikes
rant.gif

My Silver laced W just hatched her first 2 babies couple of days ago. I have a Black Buff Orp sat on 2 eggs but she keeps getting off for at least an hour at a time to sunbath!

My last BO started settin the 27th. She acted like she was earlier but didn't. So I go buy an incubator and now she does go broody. I put 4 eggs under her and the one of hers is coming out so she will be on 4 eggs.

I have a broody barred rock hen (Robin) and she has 12 eggs under her. She went broody 4 days ago but we dont have a rooster so we had to wait to buy fertile eggs until today!!!! Good luck.
<3 kelsey

I have a mallard who is broody, she is setting 5 of her own and 1 mixed chicken(originally put in there to show her that was her nest). She is getting extremely fussy.

Back
Top Bottom