Who's egg is this?

You mention Plymouth Barred Rock and then just plain Barred Rock. Was that a mistake? All Rocks are Plymouth Rocks and barred is the color/pattern variety.
smile.png

My splash Rock hen lays an egg like that one as well as one of my barred Rock hens, that light beige color with the sheen on it. My other BR hens lay matte finish ones with white speckles on them. It could be one of your Rocks or even your sex link, but it's not your Leghorn.

Last edited:
You mention Plymouth Barred Rock and then just plain Barred Rock. Was that a mistake? All Rocks are Plymouth Rocks and barred is the color/pattern variety.
smile.png

My splash Rock hen lays an egg like that one as well as one of my barred Rock hens, that light beige color with the sheen on it. My other BR hens lay matte finish ones with white speckles on them. It could be one of your Rocks or even your sex link, but it's not your Leghorn.
Nope, just a confused newbie! I was told that's what they were called when I got them. They look slightly different but then also one lays white eggs and the other lays a light brown egg. The second and 3rd egg in the bottom picture.

Last edited:
Nope, just a confused newbie! I was told that's what they were called when I got them. They look slightly different but then also one lays white eggs and the other lays a light brown egg. The second and 3rd egg in the bottom picture.
Hmm, then something is amiss there because a Plymouth Rock should never lay a white egg. The breed is a brown egg breed, though the shades of brown vary. Would like to see those birds of yours. You have me curious now.

Back
Top Bottom