Who's hatching 6/10 also broodys due 5/27 hatching, 6/3, 6/5,

okiehen

Songster
12 Years
Oct 25, 2007
Oklahoma
Woo hoo hatching we are.
I just set the hova bator with 2 1/2 doz BLRW eggs (Bill Braden line) and 1 doz of my welsummer eggs. due to hatch 6/10.
I have broody # 2 on 1 doz of my blue Andalusian eggs due to hatch 5/27. (( she's hatching ))
Broody # 3 is setting on eggs from gracefulbantams that are 7 BB Ameracanas 5 SS hamburgs and 2 of my blue Andalusian for good mesure due to hatch 6/3.
Broody # 4 is setting on 1 doz buff orp eggs from dutchchick due to hatch 6/5.
And Don chickensandmore is hatching some of my eggs due to hatch 6/10 also.

Wow wee who's hatching with me
wee.gif

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I'll post pictures of the broodys.asap.
D.gif

Last edited:
Yay, company! This is the first hatch I've done at home for myself, instead of doing it at school with donated eggs! I had shipped or picked up Cochin, EE, Americana, frizzle cochin, Welsummer, Black Copper Maran, Birchin Maran, Splash Maran, Old English Creole, and a couple mixed eggs, all in my new Genesis 1588, due the 10th!! 43 eggs in all, and keeping my fingers crossed...

clap.gif
all right I'm in good company.
frow.gif

This is pictures of the broodys, not great pictures as they are closed up tight in there pet taxi nest with larger taxi in front for food water and pooping. I just have a small enough opening to feed and water. This is were I put my hand in to take the pictures.
The red hen is #2 , the black hen is #3 the brown hen #4.
001-2.jpg

002-4.jpg

003-2.jpg

I've got a broody with 2 eggs due 6/5 and 4 due 6/8...thought I had 2 broodies, but doesn't stay more than a few hours at a time, though she's clearly half-baked. I'll give her back the eggs if she stays at night.

I'm not sure what to do about the different hatch dates. I think I'll be carrying them around in my bra!

This is broody hen #1 setting and then one with her 11 welsummer chicks she hatched out 11 of 12 of my eggs.

001-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

Quote:
If you have her in a pet taxi you can just keep in closed till the others hatch.
If not and your able to I would take the first chicks, let her set till the 2nd one's hatch . You can hand raise the 1st ones or try to give them back after the 2nd ones hatch do this all at night.

wee.gif
more company this is great.
clap.gif

barnie.gif
I have another hen that is broody
barnie.gif

I'll have to wait and see if she is really into it before I set her with eggs. And if she is then after broody #2 gets done with her taxi.
I may set her. So I may be up for a trade of eggs.

I have my first broody hen whose due to hatch on June 10th & 11th. Just moved her to her dog crate tonight (and boy what a fight that was) hopefully I can break up her somewhat broody sister hen (she's on the nest, off the nest, sharing the nest yada yada) so my girls will get back into production. My broody is one of my Bantam mixes, she is sitting on six eggs (3 eggs from my BA's, 2 Bantam eggs, and an egg from my White Crested Polish).

This hen is one tough cookie, she was trying to eat us alive when we moved her. But we got her settled in, she took a nice poop and got right back on her nest. I feel better now that no one will be messing with her and she can just relax.

Here's a picture of Miss Priscilla on her nest (She did scoot that one egg on the left under her about a minute after the picture was taken):
IMG_2072.jpg

Back
Top Bottom